Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Unless I missed it, I did not see any mention of a tune... Lots of bolt-ons and various times and situations (i.e. rolling start, dead start). What surprises me is that stock it shows a 1/4 in 11.59 and with bolt-on's it's 11.4. Not a big difference for the amount of money spent not only on parts but installation costs. Personally, I'd want more for my money.

But again, did I miss what s/w they used if any?
The AMS Macan Turbo is 11.51 @ 116.

Stock 2017 Turbo PP is 12.3 @ 109.

Stock 2020 Turbo is 12.2 @ 112.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is sort of one of those cost/benefit studies. The cost of the upgrades are not going to be realized upon the sale of the Macan. So, does one put this money into the throwaway file or put it towards a brand new car (which depreciates quickly)? Both are money pits.
I was tempted to upgrade the intercoolers to remap my S go COBB stage 2, but if I did that I might as well opt for a higher version model. GTS or a Turbo, but I am satisfied with my S and the current modifications. It’s fast enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless I missed it, I did not see any mention of a tune... Lots of bolt-ons and various times and situations (i.e. rolling start, dead start). What surprises me is that stock it shows a 1/4 in 11.59 and with bolt-on's it's 11.4. Not a big difference for the amount of money spent not only on parts but installation costs. Personally, I'd want more for my money.

But again, did I miss what s/w they used if any?
Stock Macan S without the Sport+ (no sport Chrono) run 14.2 for 1/4 mile and Cobb OTS 93 octane (the only mode) in the same conditions run about 13 s.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts