Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 and it seems the gear shifts (from 1st to 2nd) are very rough (jerking) and have a noticeable clicking sound. I've tried to capture it in a video. Recently (at random) it takes upwards of 10-20 seconds for the car to get in gear which is concerning.

Seems much more apparent after the car has been running 30-40mins (city driving)

https://streamable.com/f432f

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dunno, but that clicking sound is bothersome. I’d definitely be at the dealer pronto...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the transfer case. When I called my dealer, the technician immediately recognized the problem and told me he would order the part and call me when it arrived. Apparently these transfer cases are chain driven; the new transfer case has whatever the problem is updated and fixed according to Porsche. I was told it is more common with Cayennes in the ratio of 4:! in this dealers experience. Mine is a 2016 Macan S with about 40,000 miles. JP

·
Registered
452 Posts
@surg1, this is great data I was hoping to get at some point. I am rare bird that is 2 for 2 on transfer cases. My dealer told me that on the Cayenne they would have replaced it even out of warranty as they have some customers stranded. However, Macan for was a many month fight and drag to get them to replace ours even under warranty because they said "no one else complains about it". Thank you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the car in today for this issue.

The SA provided the below document: 3734 Customer Complaint "Cannot shift into 2nd gear" where I'm told this behavior is to be expected after long periods of city driving. Has anyone else encountered this explanation? Not sure how it's acceptable.

https://imgur.com/a/471RbzH

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Macan 2017. When I start the car in the morning after 20meter drive between first and second gear feel like kicks when it shift. After I don’t feel it anymore. Anyone experienced this before?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts