Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting new Base Macan ( no PASM) ...Mamba!!

Want the “ lowered stance” but looking for info as to trade off of ride comfort .... wife will shoot me if
it’s ‘jarring’ to her!.... on average roads/ highways.

Also concerned that w a CPO extension into 2025 , would it be foolish to VOID out suspension parts coverage due to this aftermarket addition??

Dealership GM confirmed there’s no way around this anymore....would ‘shocks’ have been covered under CPO anyway???
Thx

I will post pics later this week......

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
.....Want the “ lowered stance” but looking for info as to trade off of ride comfort ....
I'd say the H&R's might be a little too aggressive for what you're looking for. Probably better to go with Eibach or TechArt springs. Type those names into the search box and you'll find a few threads discussing them.(y)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive got exactly that on my wifes Macan. Yeah its rough, specially freeway speeds hitting dips etc. Personally I wish it sat a bit Lower but i knew she wouldnt handle the coil overs.

Any lowering springs you use will be stiff but as mentioned above H&R is on the stiffer side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed HR Sport springs, Base Macan (no PASM) a month ago, difficult to tell the difference in ride compared to OEM, except when encountering rough roads. Handling is definitely improved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed HR springs 6 months ago on wife's 2016 Macan S. 20" RS Spyder wheels. No PASM. Feels 20-25% stiffer. Not jarring except for occasional bump. Looks great. More fun to drive. Roads in SF Bay Area are mostly good. Wife hasn't complained.

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
If you can handle the additional cost, a coil-over solution would provide lowering without the sacrifice
of ride quality.

I installed sport shocks/struct and springs in many vehicles I owned over the years. Finally, I installed a
set of Bilstein coil-overs on my previous ride. Wow!

Lowered stance and excellent handling and ride quality.

I wished I'd gone that route sooner - although as I noted above, it costs a bit more than going the sport
shock/strut and spring route.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can handle the additional cost, a coil-over solution would provide lowering without the sacrifice
of ride quality.

I installed sport shocks/struct and springs in many vehicles I owned over the years. Finally, I installed a
set of Bilstein coil-overs on my previous ride. Wow!

Lowered stance and excellent handling and ride quality.

I wished I'd gone that route sooner - although as I noted above, it costs a bit more than going the sport
shock/strut and spring route.

Good luck!
I have the HR springs on 2016 Macan S. Much improved handling and ride. I like the lowered look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did anyone here DIY the install or did you take it to a dealer? Any idea what the dealer or independent charged. I received a few quotes and they were 1500 - 2k for just the install.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
What I found was Indy shops charge around $1k and dealers charge about $2k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did anyone here DIY the install or did you take it to a dealer? Any idea what the dealer or independent charged. I received a few quotes and they were 1500 - 2k for just the install.
I used independent performance shop in Tempe AZ $350 including 4 wheel alignment. Took about 3.5 hours. Awesome work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Paid $1200 for H&R springs, install and alignment at highly rated indy wheel shop. Install alone would have been $600.

Other install only quotes (no springs, no alignment)... Dealer $2k. high end indy $1800.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts