Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
BIG congratulations! My freeze date was 2/5/2020 with an estimated arrival 5/1/2020. I went through several iterations and decided - a couple days after the freeze date - to see if I could change the color. It turns out I could... the dealer said they can usually make changes a couple days after the official freeze date (I probably shouldn't have told you that! :)).

Your build looks good. I was going with sapphire blue until last weekend when I decided to bite the bullet and get the Carmine red. If PTV works, they go for it. I hear a review that said it wasn't worth it on an SUV, but who knows if that is true. I didn't go with the sport chrono because I heard another review in which the guy stated that people generally use launch control a few time when they get the car and then rarely if ever afterwards.

Good luck with your final build and rest assured that you almost can't make a wrong decision with a Porsche!
Thanks for your thoughts! Im thinkin to stick with PTV because that would be an expensive change later. SC Im back and forth on, but will probably stick with it for the dial on the steering wheel. Hardest decisions are aesthetics! Im not used to this many choices and I don't make choices quickly. I am sure I'll be happy with SB or CR, I just need to decide! A lot of other choices kind of fall into place once I have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I like this build, if you can, keep SC and PTV+, and I would keep 20" black Spyders and get SportDesign Exterior Mirrors instead.
I hadn’t given the sport design mirrors much thought. I’ll take a look at them at the dealership.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all! Been lurking for a while and learned quite a bit. Hopefully I am putting this in the right place. I was hoping I might get a critique on my build before it locks here in a few weeks. Coming from a Kia Stinger, and this will be my first Porsche. Anything stick out to ya? I like the tech, so I will likely keep all that. SC and PTV could stay or go, but a GTS without SC seems incomplete! I doubt I'd ever launch it, but that individual mode and the dial on the steering wheel seems nice. I likely won't be driving it to 10/10, but I've read the PTV can be noticed in even lower speed turns. I figure anything that helps a two ton vehicle turn is good.

Porsche code: PL18NLJ5

I'm going back and forth between SB with painted side blades and the macan turbo wheels and CR with black side blades and the 20 inch GTS spyders. My opinion there changes daily! I know this is kinda a personal choice, but thoughts here too!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Gorgeous build - great to see a splash of vibrancy! Naturally, I'd spec mine in a different way, but this is about your build, not mine. People are always going to have differing opinions regarding which options they deem worthy of inclusion (and exclusion), but they're not the ones driving it - you are. Go with your gut feeling, and enjoy the process. At the end of the day, you're going to get a brilliant new Porsche, a situation which many would be envious of!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Gorgeous build - great to see a splash of vibrancy! Naturally, I'd spec mine in a different way, but this is about your build, not mine. People are always going to have differing opinions regarding which options they deem worthy of inclusion (and exclusion), but they're not the ones driving it - you are. Go with your gut feeling, and enjoy the process. At the end of the day, you're going to get a brilliant new Porsche, a situation which many would be envious of!
you make great points. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts! Im thinkin to stick with PTV because that would be an expensive change later. SC Im back and forth on, but will probably stick with it for the dial on the steering wheel. Hardest decisions are aesthetics! Im not used to this many choices and I don't make choices quickly. I am sure I'll be happy with SB or CR, I just need to decide! A lot of other choices kind of fall into place once I have.
Dude... SC is a no brainer.... get it! I use the dial on the steering wheel almost every time I get in the car, to me it's fun and adds an additional level of engagement while driving... which is why I bought the Macan in the first place... for engaged driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Dude... SC is a no brainer.... get it! I use the dial on the steering wheel almost every time I get in the car, to me it's fun and adds an additional level of engagement while driving... which is why I bought the Macan in the first place... for engaged driving.
I appreciate you sharing your experience. I can see how it would change the driving engagement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
@burnsy1 here is one of my wheels now after not having washed it in way way too long compared to the car clean. I know it’s not quite apples to apples as the Kia brakes may not be as dusty, but it gives you the idea of what a ceramic coat can do.

DDF1E017-9D44-4F9D-821C-FB39C5F197E5.jpeg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I've planned to get ceramic done to the entire vehicle... but now I'm considering moving from my 19S to a 20GTS.... we shall see...

@burnsy1 here is one of my wheels now after not having washed it in way way too long compared to the car clean. I know it’s not quite apples to apples as the Kia brakes may not be as dusty, but it gives you the idea of what a ceramic coat can do.

View attachment 229353

View attachment 229352

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully this is good news for us Turbo orders since the GTS and Turbo engines are similar. Come on EPA Cert!!

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
whats the need for that?
Start reading

Replacing the Battery

Consensus seems to be a new battery is ~$800. If you don't drive at least 6K/year, they will go bad prematurely and not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Start reading

Replacing the Battery

Consensus seems to be a new battery is ~$800. If you don't drive at least 6K/year, they will go bad prematurely and not covered under warranty.
OK that was a lot of reading! I put between 10k and 15k on my car each year. It will be my daily driver and our long distance travel vehicle. So with that in mind, and from the (admittedly) quick read, it seems like I should be ok, yes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would echo what others have said about keeping the GTS black accented aesthetic going. Side blades, wheels, etc. Also like the sport mirror option someone mentioned. Further, on a lighter color car such as this I'd consider black door handles. I think it pops even more on other colors but might be worth a look here. I love the SB/18 way combo, It's what I came back to when I was configuring new ones time and again. If money is no object go PTV and SC. If not I could live without them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I would echo what others have said about keeping the GTS black accented aesthetic going. Side blades, wheels, etc. Also like the sport mirror option someone mentioned. Further, on a lighter color car such as this I'd consider black door handles. I think it pops even more on other colors but might be worth a look here. I love the SB/18 way combo, It's what I came back to when I was configuring new ones time and again. If money is no object go PTV and SC. If not I could live without them.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm going back and forth now on the black. I think I'll go with the gloss black turbo rims, so there will still be some black on the wheels. Might tie that together with the black side blade and the sport design mirrors with gloss black base (to keep some black on the mirror but get rid of some plastic). Just finding myself not much of a fan of the spyders in person. To each their own, which seems a nice thing about Porsche. You can get what you want!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I'm going back and forth now on the black. I think I'll go with the gloss black turbo rims, so there will still be some black on the wheels. Might tie that together with the black side blade and the sport design mirrors with gloss black base (to keep some black on the mirror but get rid of some plastic). Just finding myself not much of a fan of the spyders in person. To each their own, which seems a nice thing about Porsche. You can get what you want!
Looking at the photo of your Stinger I can see you like keeping your car looking sharp (same as me). For this reason alone I didn’t get the 20”Spyders on my MY17 GTS. The non gloss finish and difficulty in cleaning makes them always look dirty to me. No objection to black wheels, but they must always be high gloss so they look clean!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Looking at the photo of your Stinger I can see you like keeping your car looking sharp (same as me). For this reason alone I didn’t get the 20”Spyders on my MY17 GTS. The non gloss finish and difficulty in cleaning makes them always look dirty to me. No objection to black wheels, but they must always be high gloss so they look clean!!
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I’d be more interested in the Spyders if they were gloss. I do like the simplicity of the Macan turbos, especially how well they will display the red calipers. The gloss black on them should tie together with the black side blade and gloss black sport design mirrors.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I’d be more interested in the Spyders if they were gloss. I do like the simplicity of the Macan turbos, especially how well they will display the red calipers. The gloss black on them should tie together with the black side blade and gloss black sport design mirrors.
Yes, the 20”Macan Turbos are my choice of the current wheel options also. Enough black to keep the GTS feel, but also a bit of silver to stop the tyres looking ‘balloonie’. And of course high gloss (re above). Overall a very nice build. All the best with it. Cheers.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts