Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very nice build. I think you have it set up pretty good. 18 way seats, PTV and SC. The only other thing I may consider is the LCA. lane change assist. it is a nice feature. The other would be a must for me Sport Mirrors. These look so much better and keeps you from looking like a base model. I think these mirrors are much better style. If you are an Audio guy the Burmester audio system is worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very nice build. I think you have it set up pretty good. 18 way seats, PTV and SC. The only other thing I may consider is the LCA. lane change assist. it is a nice feature. The other would be a must for me Sport Mirrors. These look so much better and keeps you from looking like a base model. I think these mirrors are much better style. If you are an Audio guy the Burmester audio system is worth every penny to me.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve got the combo LCA/LKA right now. Will definitely have LCA. Debating LKA. I’ll consider the mirrors, especially if I stay blue. If I go red the black has a nice offset. I don’t think im a big enough audiophile to go with the Burmester!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I am not saying PTV is not a good thing. My point is that I never felt I needed. Could I just missing it? Maybe but again for my driving needs I never had a situation where I could not handle my Macan safely enough. I guess if you want to get into a sharp curve at 80+mph that might be a wise thing to have but that is not my case.
After the dealer had me do back to back test drives of otherwise identically equipped Macans (with and without PTV) both on a dry road and in winter conditions I can testify the difference is substantial. I get the sense folks that don't have it don't understand what they are missing and did not experience the demonstration I did.

That being said, especially if you live in a warmer climate, a non PTV Macan is still a good handling SUV. It's no different than selecting a trim level. Only you know if you will be satisfied without it, or if you will be forever sorry you did not step up to a higher performance version of the car.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
If you opt out of PTV I would just save the money. The GTS comes with almost everything you would want in the car.
Not too big a need in north Texas. We do get occasional frozen stuff, but I’ve a garage at home and a parking structure at work. Thanks for the thought!

Is there something you’d option in it’s place or just save the money?

I do like the black GTS spyder wheels but am a bit daunted by the idea of cleaning them frequently. That’s a lot of surface area in small openings! The side blade painted is for the same reason you state. The black plastic on my wife’s Volvo is a PITA to keep looking nice with all the dirt/dust in the air.

Unfortunately my dealer didn’t have one with PTV, but based on comments like yours and others I lean towards it.

thanks for all the comments so far!

Reactions: Johnnyfive

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am not saying PTV is not a good thing. My point is that I never felt I needed. Could I just missing it? Maybe but again for my driving needs I never had a situation where I could not handle my Macan safely enough. I guess if you want to get into a sharp curve at 80+mph that might be a wise thing to have but that is not my case.
thanks for the clarification. I can see cases for and against.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Any thoughts on partial vs full leather?
Not inexpensive, but IMO very much adds a feeling of richness to the interior. As someone else mentioned, rather than rely other's opinions, try to compare side by side so you can see the difference. Should not be difficult to find examples of each whether new or used.

Reactions: SoCalS5 and sergeyb

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not inexpensive, but IMO very much adds a feeling of richness to the interior. As someone else mentioned, rather than rely other's opinions, try to compare side by side so you can see the difference. Should not be difficult to find examples of each whether new or used.
My dealer has a cayenne with full leather that I’m going to look at tomorrow probably. Good suggestion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice configuration. Regarding leather I bought a fully optioned GTS with leather everywhere and at the time I didn't really appreciate it but now when I get into a more modestly configured car I really do notice it. It is just such a nice place to be especially if you plan to keep it a while.

For the wheels I would consider the "21" Sport Classic Wheels in High Gloss Black ", they just make the blue pop and the vehicle look just a little more striking, like this one 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo in Sapphire Blue Metallic photo #6 - B97590 | RareSpeed.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice configuration. Regarding leather I bought a fully optioned GTS with leather everywhere and at the time I didn't really appreciate it but now when I get into a more modestly configured car I really do notice it. It is just such a nice place to be especially if you plan to keep it a while.

For the wheels I would consider the "21" Sport Classic Wheels in High Gloss Black ", they just make the blue pop and the vehicle look just a little more striking.
thanks for the thoughts on the leather. Really need to see/feel it for myself.

I’ll look at the wheels, but had thought I might remain with 20s

·
Registered
469 Posts
@Johnnyfive, having missed the difference between standard, partial, and full leather at the time of the order, this has been the biggest regret for us. Our 2016 Turbo came standard in partial and we thought that should be fine, however, the lower area of the dash and door trims are rubber fillers with bumps and definitely was a let down upon delivery. Of course, if you are on the fence, I would go to the dealer and see one with partial vs. full and make a decision.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@Johnnyfive, having missed the difference between standard, partial, and full leather at the time of the order, this has been the biggest regret for us. Our 2016 Turbo came standard in partial and we thought that should be fine, however, the lower area of the dash and door trims are rubber fillers with bumps and definitely was a let down upon delivery. Of course, if you are on the fence, I would go to the dealer and see one with partial vs. full and make a decision.
I think I’ll just have to see it myself! Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Regarding the full leather, I have noticed many forum members with partial leather who have said if they had to do it all over again they would go with full.

The 21 inch wheels significantly change the overall look of the car, but they are expensive, and they make the ride more firm. Despite the firmer ride, I knew I had to have them the first time I saw them.

I would absolutely give serious consideration to the PTV. You don’t have to be driving 80 miles an hour to notice the difference. You notice it even on a sharp curve at just 30 miles an hour.

i also like SC, but I could do without it if I absolutely needed to reduce the cost, although I would miss it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
@Johnnyfive, we did not get SC on our 2016 based on the recommendation of a very experienced tech advisor and do not regret it even though we could have added it after the fact but did not. However, for the new models, SC now comes with a Sport Response 20 sec button that is wheel mounted which would be the feature we would use daily to pass other cars. This is the first thing I optioned on our new Cayenne order.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Regarding the wheels, which I also have on my 2019.. they get dirty real fast and the stainless steel looking portion of the wheel really shows it. I wish I'd gotten all black wheels instead.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,321 Posts
I’m not worried about resale. I intend to drive this for quite some time. I enjoyed sport+ on the 2018 GTS I test drove. I’m not likely to launch it and I’d rather have a clock on the dash than the stopwatch, but the more aggressive mode interests me for when I want it. Not a must have but seems nice to have.

If you didn’t have to choose would you still drop SC?

I suspect I will fall into a similar boat to you. Nice to have, fun when you want it, but if it was keeping something else off it could be dropped.
Good question. If you can afford it, I’d go for it. You don’t use it much, but it’s nice to have if you are racing someone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Regarding the full leather, I have noticed many forum members with partial leather who have said if they had to do it all over again they would go with full.

The 21 inch wheels significantly change the overall look of the car, but they are expensive, and they make the ride more firm. Despite the firmer ride, I knew I had to have them the first time I saw them.

I would absolutely give serious consideration to the PTV. You don’t have to be driving 80 miles an hour to notice the difference. You notice it even on a sharp curve at just 30 miles an hour.

i also like SC, but I could do without it if I absolutely needed to reduce the cost, although I would miss it.
I really need to go look at the leather! I’ll likely stick with 20s but I’ll definitely take a look. PTV is likely staying too. Thanks!

@Johnnyfive, we did not get SC on our 2016 based on the recommendation of a very experienced tech advisor and do not regret it even though we could have added it after the fact but did not. However, for the new models, SC now comes with a Sport Response 20 sec button that is wheel mounted which would be the feature we would use daily to pass other cars. This is the first thing I optioned on our new Cayenne order.
that and the ease of changing modes without moving much from the wheel is nice to me.

Regarding the wheels, which I also have on my 2019.. they get dirty real fast and the stainless steel looking portion of the wheel really shows it. I wish I'd gotten all black wheels instead.
@burnsy1 you mean the turbos? I really appreciate your comment as I would have expected the black wheels to show dirt faster.

Good question. If you can afford it, I’d go for it. You don’t use it much, but it’s nice to have if you are racing someone.
just needs a “go fast” sticker!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I have both SC and PTV. I would highly recommend them, that too on a GTS. Go for it. Money you can always make, but if you miss this oppurtunity now, you cannot get those for few years!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm embarrassed to post this... the brake dust struggle is real. Here's how the wheel looks.... most of the time. I haven't tried a wax on it yet to try to keep the brake dust from sticking so well... but the gloss black kind of turns in to a gray brown... and the silver part loses it's luster.

Now I'm noticing that I'm missing a tire cap.... dangit!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm embarrassed to post this... the brake dust struggle is real. Here's how the wheel looks.... most of the time. I haven't tried a wax on it yet to try to keep the brake dust from sticking so well... but the gloss black kind of turns in to a gray brown... and the silver part loses it's luster.

Now I'm noticing that I'm missing a tire cap.... dangit!
I appreciate your sacrifice of dignity to answer my questions!

Id think a wax or a ceramic coat on the wheel would really help there.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Hi all! Been lurking for a while and learned quite a bit. Hopefully I am putting this in the right place. I was hoping I might get a critique on my build before it locks here in a few weeks. Coming from a Kia Stinger, and this will be my first Porsche. Anything stick out to ya? I like the tech, so I will likely keep all that. SC and PTV could stay or go, but a GTS without SC seems incomplete! I doubt I'd ever launch it, but that individual mode and the dial on the steering wheel seems nice. I likely won't be driving it to 10/10, but I've read the PTV can be noticed in even lower speed turns. I figure anything that helps a two ton vehicle turn is good.

Porsche code: PL18NLJ5

I'm going back and forth between SB with painted side blades and the macan turbo wheels and CR with black side blades and the 20 inch GTS spyders. My opinion there changes daily! I know this is kinda a personal choice, but thoughts here too!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!
BIG congratulations! My freeze date was 2/5/2020 with an estimated arrival 5/1/2020. I went through several iterations and decided - a couple days after the freeze date - to see if I could change the color. It turns out I could... the dealer said they can usually make changes a couple days after the official freeze date (I probably shouldn't have told you that! :)).

Your build looks good. I was going with sapphire blue until last weekend when I decided to bite the bullet and get the Carmine red. If PTV works, they go for it. I hear a review that said it wasn't worth it on an SUV, but who knows if that is true. I didn't go with the sport chrono because I heard another review in which the guy stated that people generally use launch control a few time when they get the car and then rarely if ever afterwards.

Good luck with your final build and rest assured that you almost can't make a wrong decision with a Porsche!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts