Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, I was all set to get a GTS but then realized the price premium they command (see my other thread) and I've started to look at Turbos as well.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
520 Posts
Thanks, I was all set to get a GTS but then realized the price premium they command (see my other thread) and I've started to look at Turbos as well.
If you find a turbo pp that’s everything all in one. But a turbo gives you the bigger engine and you lose some cosmetics and the lower ride, which can easily be fixed with an inexpensive lowering module.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does the Turbo PP have the GTS cosmetics? And other than the lower ride are there any differences in the exterior between the GTS and Turbo or Turbo PP?

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
520 Posts
Does the Turbo PP have the GTS cosmetics? And other than the lower ride are there any differences in the exterior between the GTS and Turbo or Turbo PP?
Not by default no. It obviously comes with the turbo wheels instead of the black spyders, and the badging is silver unless optioned. I believe by default the mirrors and sideblades will be body color too, but others may know better.

If you really like the GTS look then it‘s certainly going to be easier to find a GTS that fits what you want than a turbo pp that someone changed options on.

All the black on the GTS is default and people have to pay more to change it. Mine (bought used) the original owner optioned carbon interior and side blades, which I happen to enjoy, but never would have done on a GTS were I ordering it since the GTS has a nice looking custom interior and the black side blades.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the black on the GTS is default and people have to pay more to change it. Mine (bought used) the original owner optioned carbon interior and side blades, which I happen to enjoy, but never would have done on a GTS were I ordering it since the GTS has a nice looking custom interior and the black side blades.
Question on the regular side blades: those are matte black, right? How easy are those to keep clean?

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
520 Posts
Question on the regular side blades: those are matte black, right? How easy are those to keep clean?
Mine are carbon fiber, but in general the Macan gets dirty if you live in a wet climate like we do. A cheap set of aftermarket mud flaps helps a lot (there's a good thread on those). The tires are big and wide, so you get some spray on the sideblades, and the aerodynamics make the rear a magnet for dirt. But it's such a pretty car you'll want it clean anyway. It's just tougher this time of year when you can't reliably get good washing weather.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is what you can expect driving in wet/snowy conditions without mud flaps.

I don’t have ceramic coating but it’ll probably be better than this if you have the surfaces ceramic coated.

Also, adding wheel spacers might increase the amount of spray to the side.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts