Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years & 10k miles had the dealer perform recommended service that included having the brake system flushed.
The brakes prior to this service were magical with ultimate braking with light touch. Now it requires some substantial pressure.
Anyone have this kind of experience?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
No.

Take it back to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
Bubbles in the cooling system. Dealer needs to redo the flush.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My 2017 GTS is 4.5 years old now. Never have I experienced any "mushy" feeling with the brakes. Something is not right. Take it back to the dealer as soon as you can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok,
called the Service Consultant at the P-Dealer and he said “bring the Macan Up to speed around 35 mph and put on the brakes substantially enough to activate the ABS System.” That will fix the issue. “He also said if I was not comfortable doing this; they’d be happy to do it for me and this is what they do to cure this.”
I have not yet tried this 'for other reasons' but was wondering if there’s any P - Techs that could chime-in and comment on how this works please. If there’s air in the lines/system; does this simply push the air to a place it isn’t effecting brake pedal pressure or is there a system that actually purges the air from the brakes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to clarify “mushy”...
What it is doing actually requires more foot pressure on pedal to brake as it did prior to the flush.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Ok,
called the Service Consultant at the P-Dealer and he said “bring the Macan Up to speed around 35 mph and put on the brakes substantially enough to activate the ABS System.” That will fix the issue. “He also said if I was not comfortable doing this; they’d be happy to do it for me and this is what they do to cure this.”
I have not yet tried this 'for other reasons' but was wondering if there’s any P - Techs that could chime-in and comment on how this works please. If there’s air in the lines/system; does this simply push the air to a place it isn’t effecting brake pedal pressure or is there a system that actually purges the air from the brakes?
Never heard of this before. Maybe Her95B has some insight? Her95B, you around?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
So the P dealer screwed up your brakes & wants YOU to fix them.

If this procedure needs to be done, then I bet the P the should have done it & did not.

Do you have another P dealer near you?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Don't do that! Do not take it to a different dealership for this reason: multiple cooks in the kitchen. Have the original dealership deal with this TO YOUR LEVEL of satisfaction. NOT theirs! You will get in the middle of a whizzing contest with each dealership blaming the other. This leaves you with no one wanting to touch it again. IMO.....

Reactions: Digby
1 - 10 of 10 Posts