Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..

Just picked up a 2018 GTS. Wondering what your favorite and worthwhile modifications have been?

I've always done a tune to my cars, but it appears the tune doesn't have a significant boost in performance on the GTS models?

I just ordered the Pedal Commander.

Thinking about the Intake System from Flat Six.. Should I do this AND/OR the High Flow Air filters and Covers?

Would like to also do the Apple Car Play.. Appears there is a guy who can help to reprogram the system with out a module..

Anyways, those are some of my thoughts.. What mods have you done that you LOVE or that you were Disappointed with?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cobb Accesport. It's not just about the peak power from stock. Look at the dyno charts from Cobb and you can see how it improves torque across the powerband.

Reactions: Fahrer

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good info and that makes sense. So you picked up the Accessport and it's accompanying tune or did you use a different tune?
Just the included tune.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Flat 6 filters and shroud. Intake sound is awesome.
Custom ECU tune. OTS cobb is not too smooth, a bit choppy but not too bad.
Aluminum transmission bushing insert. Car puts allot more power to the ground (really feel it with tune). My rears manage to hop at times and also now getting torque steer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
These are my only mods I have planned for my new Jet Black Metalic GTS that is at the dealer waiting:
  • Blend Mount for my Valentine V1 Gen 2
  • Smoked side markers
  • Window tint front and rear
  • PPF the hood and front bumper
got the exact same mods and a dashcam on mine. Not to mention I have the jet black metalic exterior as well. It looks so much better with the smoked side markers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Cobb tune
Flat6 intakes
Flat6 smoked side markers
hard-wired radar (mirror)
tinted font windows to match the rears (20%?)
CUSP A/V box (YouTube, Waze, Spotify, Netflix, etc…)

·
Registered
'20 Porsche Macan GTS, Jet Metallic Black on Black, 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels, Cobb Tuned, PC
60 Posts
Just Cobb Tuned my '20 GTS and added the Pedal Commander. The difference is impossible to explain it's so dramatic. A Cobb tune married to a Pedal Commander is a great combo without making a lot of hardware changes. I also smoked the side markers and tinted my windows. A must here is FLA.
Enjoy your new whip. You're gonna love it!
Joe

Reactions: Juan Blanco

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just Cobb Tuned my '20 GTS and added the Pedal Commander. The difference is impossible to explain it's so dramatic. A Cobb tune married to a Pedal Commander is a great combo without making a lot of hardware changes. I also smoked the side markers and tinted my windows. A must here is FLA.
Joe
I always want to get Cobb tune for my 20' GTS but not sure how big the risk is to void the warranty. I got the pedal commander and it's already a day and night difference

·
Registered
'20 Porsche Macan GTS, Jet Metallic Black on Black, 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels, Cobb Tuned, PC
60 Posts
I always want to get Cobb tune for my 20' GTS but not sure how big the risk is to void the warranty. I got the pedal commander and it's already a day and night difference
That's the million dollar question. Will they? They can find it if they want to. I'm lucky to have a Porsche dealer near me whose service department SELLS them! And of course they don't void my warranty. As a matter of fact, I don't even have to flash mine back to stock. I just let them know it's Cobb stage I tuned. Lucky I guess. Call your dealer and ask. They can't void your warranty for just asking! Good luck DX!

• Wow
Reactions: DXDONALD

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am very happy with my piggyback Racechip GTS Black + !
Picked it up from another forum member when he sold the car for 1/2 price ($300) and it's undetectable by the dealer service network.
A pedal-commander was installed previously with equally great results for about the same price.
Not wanting to risk my 6 yr. CPO warranty ( 2+4) this combo worked well for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Joe

@Joe. What Cobb tuner did you use?I have a 21 Turbo and when I contacted Cobb about 6 months ago they said they didn't make one one for the 20-21 Macans

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo, 2005 Boxster, 1969 Camaro
28 Posts
Read this through and I agree with all of these suggestions...............esp the smoked park lights and the Racechip Black and Pedal Commander. Spend the addl $$ for the app option, easier to program quickly. I also changed the mirror signal lights to smoked led's, I like the look.
I would add an exhaust mod, which I did. Not sure it added any power, but it sure sounds good. Also changing the popoff valves with aftermarket ones with stronger springs makes a noticable difference if you do a tune and add power.
If you want product details I can provide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Joe. What Cobb tuner did you use?I have a 21 Turbo and when I contacted Cobb about 6 months ago they said they didn't make one one for the 20-21 Macans
@corn0nthecob, the new Cobb Accessport for the '19-'21 Macan (all models) is out now. @COBB Tuning, Flat 6 Motorsports, and COBB Software & Accessport - Macan (G2) all carry the new Cobb tuner.
Ah. Yes I see that now. Looks like it just came out recently. Thanks for the intel

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo, 2005 Boxster, 1969 Camaro
28 Posts
Not sure if you noticed..............but the difference between some of the performance tunes is that when the tune is in the ECU it voids your engine warranty as the dealer can tell you have remapped the performance curve. With the GTS Racechip Black it is a plug and play module that connects with factory connectors. If you remove it before it goes to the dealer they can't tell it was ever there. Plus it comes with a $10k warranty against engine damage. Install is less than an hour, and on my Turbo model it gives +/- 80 HP. Check this out..........................

1 - 20 of 30 Posts