Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
@MacanCarmineRed I too would get excited to get my beautiful Carmine back after spending the day in a loaner. I guess I should be happy that when she was in for her 20 K service I was put in a Miami Blue and it was a beautiful color, but knew that after a couple of days it was not my cup of tea.

I hardly ever remember my dreams, but last night I remembered picking out options. So I just played around again! I think I have 20 Porsche codes for this new build!

Code: PMLT8BE8

Got rid of a few things, added a few fluff things in. This probably will change as I keep reading more threads.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
....Code: PMLT8BE8....
Nice. I like this build best, so far. Although if it were mine, I'd swap the fire extinguisher for the fake aluminum gas cap. The shinny silver cap is a nice surprise every time I open the gas fill-door. (y)

Reactions: Jellybean

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice. I like this build best, so far. Although if it were mine, I'd swap the fire extinguisher for the fake aluminum gas cap. The shinny silver cap is a nice surprise every time I open the gas fill-door. (y)
The Chinese are now selling "genuine" Porsche gas caps on ebay for like $60. For all we know, those gas caps are made by them anyway.

The fire extinguisher for $140 is an absolute steal at that price, and it actually serves an important purpose! Refills alone are like $300, and that's not even taking into account the price of the OEM mounting hardware.

Great build Jellybean, but I still think the Porsche crest makes the center arm rest cover look less cheap....peanuts for only $340. Suncoast sells it for $719 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I totally like your thinking about the gas cap. I had the fake aluminum cap on my old one, and that was one of the things I took off of her! I save everything so I just brought the original gas cap with me to the collision shop and switched them out. :D

When I cleaned out my car, I got the fancy gas cap, the colored sleeve covers for the tires, and the leather pouch my painted key came in. I even took the PEC delivery sticker out of the window. The guy at the collision shop was walking around the car looking for things for me to take off of her. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@Masscan how did I miss the crest on the center arm rest! Thank you! Yes for the price it is a steal. Off to build it again with that added in. Good catch. I was just about to email this build to @CarGuy07 contact and the SA who ordered my original one to see what they can do for me. I am also in contract with a manager at one of the Porsche dealers about 3.5 hours away and he is looking for my build code and hasn't respond to me about what kind of discount he is willing to offer. I have been told NO to a discount from my local dealer since they only have a very limited build slots for the GTS. They told me that they want my business for the new car but won't help on price, so I guess their service department will be getting the business.

@dk3what I can't wait to see your pictures of your baby when she arrives. Thank you for letting me know you have this color coming in.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well here is the latest and greatest code:

I am working with a great SA at one of the dealers that is about 3.5 hours away from me. He was able to give me the best deal. I am excite to say that I am paying less for a 2021 GTS with about 1,200 more on the list cost than what I paid for my 2018 GTS. Looking at the paperwork he sent, the dealer doesn't have hidden fees to make up the great deal that they give you on the discount. I have a September build for a 2021 GTS, gave him a 1,000 deposit last night.

He did ask me about having the carbon fiber side blades with my all black trim on the outside. I told him that I put carbon fiber to go with the carbon fiber on the inside. He thinks the glass black side blades will look better with all of the gloss black I have on the outside, instead of the gray ness of the carbon fiber. Something to think about. I also asked about the GT steering wheel, and he said that he hasn't ever ordered them, and I should be fine with the standard wheel instead of paying more money.

I found it very interesting that he was talking me out of options than trying to get me to add more to the build. If I do go with the Mamba Green he will get his parts department to order me the Mamba Green dummy key and have it sent to my house so I will have it when I go to PEC to pick her up. He told me that ordering the dummy key in the color of the car was a first for him and he had to check into making this happen.

He has a Mamba Green S and a black GTS coming in sometime in July so he's going to call me when they arrive so I can do a little road trip and come up and see the color in person before I commit to my build, and of course test drive the 2020 GTS. I have plenty of time to make changes to my build if I would like. I know that I should probably have a backup color ready just in case I am not a fan of the Mamba Green in real life.

In the better news department, Travelers has the payout check cut & ready to be mailed after his manager signs off on the paperwork. He told me that since my check is very large his manager has to sign off on it, but the check should be in the mail within a day or two. I know we all have heard "the check is in the mail". I will believe it when I get that check into my savings account.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

First off....awesome!

I also asked about the GT steering wheel, and he said that he hasn't ever ordered them, and I should be fine with the standard wheel instead of paying more money.
I ordered the GT steering wheel on my pending GTS, and I have to say I will not miss the sun glaring off the silver portion of the hub on the standard steering wheel. The GT wheel is dark around the hub.

He has a Mamba Green S and a black GTS coming in sometime in July so he's going to call me when they arrive so I can do a little road trip and come up and see the color in person before I commit to my build, and of course test drive the 2020 GTS. I have plenty of time to make changes to my build if I would like. I know that I should probably have a backup color ready just in case I am not a fan of the Mamba Green in real life.
Did your salesman tell you roughly when your build lock would occur? I vote Miami Blue if you change your mind on the Mamba Green!

Reactions: Jellybean

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
......He thinks the glass black side blades will look better with all of the gloss black I have on the outside, instead of the gray ness of the carbon fiber......
Unless things have changed, there's very little gray-ness on the carbon fiber sideblades. From a few feet away, they look gloss black.

From what I can see on the configurator, the only way to get gloss black sideblades on the GTS is to order the $1760 SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black with SportDesign Side Skirts option.....which also adds gloss black air intake grilles and rear fascia lower section.

Perhaps it is worth considering if the gloss black air intake grilles appeal to you. (y)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

I am working with a great SA at one of the dealers that is about 3.5 hours away from me. He was able to give me the best deal. I am excite to say that I am paying less for a 2021 GTS with about 1,200 more on the list cost than what I paid for my 2018 GTS. Looking at the paperwork he sent, the dealer doesn't have hidden fees to make up the great deal that they give you on the discount. I have a September build for a 2021 GTS, gave him a 1,000 deposit last night.

He did ask me about having the carbon fiber side blades with my all black trim on the outside. I told him that I put carbon fiber to go with the carbon fiber on the inside. He thinks the glass black side blades will look better with all of the gloss black I have on the outside, instead of the gray ness of the carbon fiber. Something to think about. I also asked about the GT steering wheel, and he said that he hasn't ever ordered them, and I should be fine with the standard wheel instead of paying more money.

I found it very interesting that he was talking me out of options than trying to get me to add more to the build. If I do go with the Mamba Green he will get his parts department to order me the Mamba Green dummy key and have it sent to my house so I will have it when I go to PEC to pick her up. He told me that ordering the dummy key in the color of the car was a first for him and he had to check into making this happen.

In the better news department, Travelers has the payout check cut & ready to be mailed after his manager signs off on the paperwork. He told me that since my check is very large his manager has to sign off on it, but the check should be in the mail within a day or two. I know we all have heard "the check is in the mail". I will believe it when I get that check into my savings account.
Ask that the funds be wired into your account. That would give you confidence to go get a latte.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks @Masscan for the pic and a little bit better description of the wheel. I am not sure when my build will be locking. When I go up in about a month to look at the mamba green Macan I will ask him. When the dealer had to replace/fix my transfer case problem they put me in a Miami Blue one and I wasn't really excited about the color. Maybe it would grow on me, I know that I don't want a white, black or gray. I have always had white or gray cars, thats why I ended up with Carmine.

@SoCalS5 thanks for looking into having to get the high gloss black side blades. At one point I did have the Sports Design package and got rid of it to get the 911 turbo wheels. I had carbon fiber on the old one, and did like having everything matchy matchy. One of the guys who trains where I trains made a point to come up to me to tell me how he loved that I got the carbon fiber side blades. So I know that car guys notice that kind of thing. I guess I have time and if I am going to change the heated wheel to the GT wheel I am going up a bit in price, I am not sure how much I want to keep adding to my build. The question is will the amount of money he's taking off my build go up if I add more things.

@wwahl I wish we lived closer, I would love to met you in person. I like your sense of humor. You remind me of my dad.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Thanks @Masscan for the pic and a little bit better description of the wheel. I am not sure when my build will be locking. When I go up in about a month to look at the mamba green Macan I will ask him. When the dealer had to replace/fix my transfer case problem they put me in a Miami Blue one and I wasn't really excited about the color. Maybe it would grow on me, I know that I don't want a white, black or gray. I have always had white or gray cars, thats why I ended up with Carmine.

@SoCalS5 thanks for looking into having to get the high gloss black side blades. At one point I did have the Sports Design package and got rid of it to get the 911 turbo wheels. I had carbon fiber on the old one, and did like having everything matchy matchy. One of the guys who trains where I trains made a point to come up to me to tell me how he loved that I got the carbon fiber side blades. So I know that car guys notice that kind of thing. I guess I have time and if I am going to change the heated wheel to the GT wheel I am going up a bit in price, I am not sure how much I want to keep adding to my build. The question is will the amount of money he's taking off my build go up if I add more things.

@wwahl I wish we lived closer, I would love to met you in person. I like your sense of humor. You remind me of my dad.
Your dad must have liked those old contests like 'I bet I can beat you home'.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Your dad must have liked those old contests like 'I bet I can beat you home'.

Yes he did! With a huge smile on his face. :) Shockingly he didn't get many speeding tickets but his handy dandy radar detector saved his bacon more times than I could count.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts