Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is the GTS becoming the most purchased or leased Macan in the lineup ?
Not that it is a bad thing , but it is almost becoming ordinary.
Don't get me wrong love my 18 GTS but seems like every other post is from someone getting a GTS am I wrong ?
Lets all be safe out there

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Is it me or is the GTS becoming the most purchased or leased Macan in the lineup ?
Don't get me wrong love my 18 GTS but seems like every other post is from someone getting a GTS am I wrong ?
I think perception is skewed, based on posts here.

Yep, there are a lot of GTS posts, regarding what options were ordered, asking for opinions on what options to order, asking about build and delivery dates, and about dealer allocation slots, and so forth. I think this is significantly influenced by the higher level of driver options built-in to the higher-level models -- the GTS and Turbo -- making them more of a driver's car, so to speak, and so there will be more interest in fine-tuning the more esoteric specs (something such as PTV, for instance) for to-be-ordered cars. And those purchasing a GTS or Turbo may have more money for options, since they're working in more rarified air to begin with.

In contrast, I'm pretty sure that the Base and S models outsell the GTS and Turbo big time, although I don't know whether Porsche actually publishes sales by sub-model. And I would further posit that the percentage of Base and S owners who are also members here is far lower than the upper echelon buyers. That is, if you're going to be more of an aficionado -- a GTS and Turbo owner, or wannabe owner -- I imagine you're more likely to join the forum, and then to post. Think of the tens of thousands of Base and S owners who aren't even aware this forum exists, let alone have joined and posted.

·
Super Moderator
8,660 Posts
@wspollack is correct. If you only focus on what a handful of people write in an enthusiasts forum, then its skewed. This is not the real world. Sales used to be something like 90/10 S vs Turbo the first few years. With the base I believe its more like 50% base cars and all the rest mostly S. I dont know for a fact the breakdown today as PAG does not release trim level breakdowns but I can guess the number off cars for a trim level is directly proportional to the cost of the trim level. IOW, the cheaper the trim level, the more cars sold.... for the Macan.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Funny I saw this thread right after I started on on " Order slots " for a GTS. I asked why so few slots for GTS builds and he said the factory is at capacity building base Macans. If I had to guess I would say the GTS is the least sold Macan in sales volume.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue Metallic, AgateGrey/Pebble w Carbon Fiber
18 Posts
Funny I saw this thread right after I started on on " Order slots " for a GTS. I asked why so few slots for GTS builds and he said the factory is at capacity building base Macans. If I had to guess I would say the GTS is the least sold Macan in sales volume.
When I ordered our GTS in January, my dealer said they had an allocation of GTS’s that was based on how many base Macan Models they sold. I think to some extent the GTS is a limited edition type of model for Porsche.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
171 Posts
Could be it’s the newest model offered and just landing at dealerships. The base, S and Turbo have had their share of posts in the past.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A week or so ago I asked my SA which is the biggest seller for them and with no hesitation he said the Base. Right now they have 22 Macans in stock, and 16 of them are the Base model.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Last year I was told the base car was the hot seller . There's a lot of folks who walk in and lease for 600 a month or so . It was even eating up Audi (which they also sell) SUV sales.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
All of the dealers within 3 hours drive from me only have the base and a handful of S models on their lots. But I don‘t think SC is getting their GTS until middle of July. My local dealer has a GTS coming in middle of July and the dealer where I am ordering my new one from is getting a couple GTS in around the same time. He is also getting a Mamba Green S in as well so when it comes in I will be taking a road trip. When I was looking around for a GTS build, my local dealer had one 2020 GTS slot open about to close, and she told me they had one 2021 slot that could be mine if I wanted it. I am not sure how many GTS slots the place where I am ordering my car from.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The base model will always be the most popular since it's the least expensive new vehicle at the dealership. The GTS offers a unique value compared to the other models since a lot of the desired options are standard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with GTS on my lease because GTS has much higher residual threshold limit.
base or S has maximum residualized price set at mid-60k. if you are leasing a well equipped base or S, the leasee would have to pay all of the differences out of pocket.
The GTS has that limit set at 90k. so up to 90k, Porsche FS will split the amount with you on the lease.

I wanted a very well equipped Macan. my GTS lease payment was only $12/mo more than similarly equipped S model. no brainer to go with GTS on the lease.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In my corner of Norcal just about every one I see is either a Base or an S.

Back when I lived in Colorado most were GTSs.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think it might be a collectable in the Macan niche. For the simple reason of detailings you can sign up for on a GTS. There are some that were done really well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think the Base is, far and away, the best selling. It seems like when taking a look at the top 2 volume dealers in the county .... well, it pretty much tells the story of where Porsche’s Oxygen comes from.

Porsche Riverside - #1 dealer
50 Macan in stock

31 Base
11 S
5 GTS
3 Turbo

Champion
102 Macan in stock

86 Base
9 S
1 GTS
6 Turbo

Representative? ... unlikely.

But, the Base Macan likely sells more than all the other variants combined. I would not be surprised if it wasn’t what keeps the Porsche boat afloat.

Could be wrong. . . .anf those numbers may change wildly, in proportion, as you move to various smaller dealers..

·
Registered
293 Posts
There is no question the base model is far and away the best selling. This has been discussed here many times, and verified by numerous dealers. And it’s not exactly surprising.

What I do wonder is if the proportion of Turbos to GTS’ is going to change given the new engines. With the earlier generation, there was a huge difference in how they comparatively drove given that the Turbo had a 20% displacement advantage. But with the new generation, the Turbo engine appears to be merely a tuned GTS engine, like how the previous GTS compared to the S.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I shnagged a GTS build from my dealer who had 3 slots for the entire 2020 production cycle.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
849 Posts
No thats what they got. Im friends with the manager

1 - 20 of 33 Posts