Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the motor comes with the entire vane kit? I can get the motor only off EBAY for @$60 but can buy the entire vane assembly for @$160. I need to fix mine but don't want to pull it out if I don't have all parts needed

·
Super Moderator
1,635 Posts
how about calling 1-800-POR-SCHE-PARTS ?

From the Macan Parts document:

10 is the "vanes" (95B 121 257 Y), 25 (95B 965 501 B or H) is the "electric motor disc pack".

search the forum for drawings related to R&R...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, today while I was driving the Engine Warning Light and MSG Engine Fault.... driving permitted came up.
Pulled fault code
UFF00
B8120
P2181
P0005
P2800
BA32F
P0128
After reset of ECU, start the Engine and shut down by itself, second start - normal, but two codes
UFF00
P132C
Second reset, normal start, normal engine run, no more fault code.
Any Idea what could it be?
Macan S 2016, 45,000 Miles

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I'm facing the same problem, and in need to change the Motor for the cooling-air flaps.
Has anyone done it, if how difficult is it, preliminary work has to be done?
And has it to be calibrated afterwards?

·
Registered
27 Posts
So far no codes, but I believe its due to the Motor for the cooling-air flaps not working.
I found the flaps in the open position and I can manual move them. I check this on another Macan and there won't move. I guess the gear is stripped.
I ask the question, how difficult it is to change the motor, in another post.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire, Black, Steel Built 02/20.
57 Posts
So far no codes, but I believe its due to the Motor for the cooling-air flaps not working.
I found the flaps in the open position and I can manual move them. I check this on another Macan and there won't move. I guess the gear is stripped.
I ask the question, how difficult it is to change the motor, in another post.
What about leaving them open then? A little loss in drag and fuel efficiency vs. an expensive repair.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Seached for threads but couldn't find but a few posts on how many owners have had the radiator shutters fail (lots of noise from the motors after turning car off). Could those who have fixed or had fixed this problem share the costs to do so. I did see that the repair requires the removal of the front bumper so I'm wondering if I should replace the water pump at the same time. I've been hearing the noise for a while and thought it might be a malfunctioning air suspension. Had my car (16S) in for the fuel system recall as well as the WLA0 service action. When I picked the car up they had flagged the shutters as "inoperative" with an estimate of 1k to fix. Thanks for any info or advice you can share.

·
Super Moderator
1,635 Posts
Mine recently (?) failed in the open state. When I last had my Macan in for service I mentioned it
and the tech said, that the motor had failed. They're now closed, although the coolant temp never
seems to rise above 194F. The tech said I could manually open them again if I wished.

My Turbo is still under CPO, so they were supposed to let me know when the part came in (3+
weeks now, so I guess a swimmer is bringing it from Germany).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the update. Mine shutters are in the closed state which my service rep said should be ok in our current weather pattern. I tried putting some light hand pressure on the vanes to see if they could be opened manually but was unsuccessful. Hopefully the part will arrive before summer.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts