Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I want to say how helpful this forum has been! I am building out my first Porsche: Macan S. I need help with interior color: I originally had my heart set on the beige interior until I read all about the glare issue as well as jean stain problem. I am now considering grey leather/partial leather instead but wanted to confirm that it’s dark enough to eliminate the glare and jeans problems.

Black interior is probably my last resort just because I feel like it’s so dark and gets so hot. I don’t intend to get the heat/noise reducing windows so if black is the way to go will baby and I be ok with the heat in the summer?

Edit: Where we are it is almost always over 80 all summer and there many triple digit days.
The exterior color will be Night Blue Metallic.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
First I want to say how helpful this forum has been! I am building out my first Porsche: Macan S. I need help with interior color: I originally had my heart set on the beige interior until I read all about the glare issue as well as jean stain problem. I am now considering grey leather/partial leather instead but wanted to confirm that it’s dark enough to eliminate the glare and jeans problems.

Black interior is probably my last resort just because I feel like it’s so dark and gets so hot. I don’t intend to get the heat/noise reducing windows so if black is the way to go will baby and I be ok?
What exterior color are you considering, just out of curiosity? Folks might have some suggestions, based on that.

For our spec'ed '18 S, my wife and I got Mahogany Metallic exterior with the full leather Saddle Brown interior (pricey, at $36nn back then, but we're very pleased with it). And there was (is?) even a more expensive and darker Espresso choice.

Also, note that you can get perforated leather with cooling in various colors, so that might be an option. What part of the country will you be driving in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exterior color are you considering, just out of curiosity? Folks might have some suggestions, based on that.

For our spec'ed '18 S, my wife and I got Mahogany Metallic exterior with the full leather Saddle Brown interior (pricey, at $36nn back then, but we're very pleased with it). And there was (is?) even a more expensive and darker Espresso choice.

Also, note that you can get perforated leather with cooling in various colors, so that might be an option. What part of the country will you be driving in?
Thank you! Night Blue Metallic exterior.
I did see the dark brown leather and it is beautiful but not sure if it’s in the budget given all the other add ons I want.
Sorry, I also edited my post to explain the weather. We are in California with most all summer days at least 80 degrees and many triple digit days.
Thank you for reminding me about the cooling seats...I do intend to get the premium plus package so maybe that will alleviate some concern.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
....I am now considering grey leather/partial leather instead but wanted to confirm that it’s dark enough to eliminate the glare and jeans problems.....
The Agate Grey interior is dark enough not to be an issue, and it's a nice alternative to black. It's offered on a number of different Porsche models, so you should be able to find a lot car so you can see it in person.

Reactions: danip593

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the agate grey standard interior on my agate 16s. Going on 5 years and still appreciate it. Adds a bit of openness to the cabin without showing every speck of dirt and dust. Also cooler than black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went for black upper and Mojave lower and seats, as well as cooling seats. No problems with marks from jeans at all.

/R

My Porsche pics on Instagram: the_porsche_rich
That’s what I want...looks good! Glad to hear you don’t have any marks. I like the Spyders too...I plan on getting those as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the pebble grey/agate grey interior. Looks amazing. It’s been only a month though. Let’s see how it holds up to stains.
Looks good...although lighter than I expected. Glad to hear you also have not had any staining problems so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Agate Grey interior is dark enough not to be an issue, and it's a nice alternative to black. It's offered on a number of different Porsche models, so you should be able to find a lot car so you can see it in person.
Thank you! Yes, I have not had to opportunity to visit the lot yet due to quarantine. Hopefully next month...

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
58 Posts
The agate grey interior was one of the main features I liked about my Macan when I saw it on the lot. It's really a grey/brown, not too light and not too dark. A nice change from black. I added a bit of contrast with CocoMats, as seen in the photo...

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
My 2015 S has the agate grey interior. It’s more brownish than grey as seen in the pic above. A good color.

Reactions: danip593

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The agate grey interior was one of the main features I liked about my Macan when I saw it on the lot. It's really a grey/brown, not too light and not too dark. A nice change from black. I added a bit of contrast with CocoMats, as seen in the photo... View attachment 231351
It does look good! I take it you’ve had no problems with staining?

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
58 Posts
It does look good! I take it you’ve had no problems with staining?
No problems yet, but the car is still pretty new... 4 months and only 3500 kms due to hardly driving during the pandemic.

I had an Audi A4 years ago with a blue and cream interior (Photo below). Seats were light cream color and over quite a few years did start to stain from blue jeans etc. This Agate Grey is much darker and I don't anticipate any staining.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problems yet, but the car is still pretty new... 4 months and only 3500 kms due to hardly driving during the pandemic.

I had an Audi A4 years ago with a blue and cream interior (Photo below). Seats were light cream color and over quite a few years did start to stain from blue jeans etc. This Agate Grey is much darker and I don't anticipate any staining. View attachment 231355
Oh yes, the Audi leather definitely looks lighter...even more so than the Porsche beige leather. Very nice though. Glad to hear the grey is working out for you so far. I’m seriously considering it now.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
No staining on my agate interior after 5 years and almost 40k miles.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I've had Agate Grey 4 ½ years now & it is nice & no stains. IMO the lighter colors are begging for stains. I wear bluejeans in the winter & no issues.

I have dark brown in my 911 (highest leather package) & no issues > 1 year. But $$$$$.

Blue Beast cockpit.JPG GG Interior 1.jpg

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I cannot edit my post to correct the typo.
S/B: I've had Agate Grey 4 ½ years now...

(Auto-correct!)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I originally had my heart set on the beige interior until I read all about the glare issue as well as jean stain problem. problems.
The glare was only related to when Porsche offered an entirely beige interior . They did away with that and now have black/beige . Now I have never been a fan of beige however I made peace with it when I was given a loaner and realized how cool it kept the seats .

I like agate but I always say stick with your first choice . It's not hard to do the maintenance and well worth it to have the car exactly as you wanted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts