Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Traded in a '17 Audi Q7 for '21 Macan yesterday. I recently upgraded my truck to a '21 Ram (Crew Cab) and we no longer had the need for two huge vehicles (dominating the garage, might I add) between my wife and kids (teenagers). Figured we'd come down in size. Just matched the front tints this a.m. (15%). Fun car...a real pleasure to drive thus far. Appreciate the keen and entertaining insight, as I've been lurking these past couple of weeks. Excited to join Team Porsche!

NewWhip.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Looks like the Larson/Tacoma lot!
Yes’sir. The Q7 was a Larson car, fully serviced there, so it made sense to start my investigation within the Larson family. Lifetime power train warranty was valuable when comparing local dealers (Bellevue/Bellingham/etc), and they had the inventory I was looking for available within a reasonable amount of time. Great staff, nothing but compliments. 👍🏻

·
Registered
955 Posts
Welcome, OSUBuckeye times two! Funny, we went in a different direction, buying our Macan (GTS) after buying our Q7 Prestige new in 2019. Kind of gives us the best of both worlds, depending on the distance and amount of stuff we need to pack. On shorter, curvier trips it's the Macan all the way, and on longer/straighter/extended freeway roads the Q7 is wonderful. Good towing vehicle also. Love the supercharged engine - powerful and smooth. Audi went to turbocharged in the 2020 and 2021's, and from what I gather most prefer the former.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Welcome, OSUBuckeye times two! Funny, we went in a different direction, buying our Macan (GTS) after buying our Q7 Prestige new in 2019. Kind of gives us the best of both worlds, depending on the distance and amount of stuff we need to pack. On shorter, curvier trips it's the Macan all the way, and on longer/straighter/extended freeway roads the Q7 is wonderful. Good towing vehicle also. Love the supercharged engine - powerful and smooth. Audi went to turbocharged in the 2020 and 2021's, and from what I gather most prefer the former.
Oh, no doubt. We loved the Q7 as our primary family vehicle, but my wife was in sales across Western WA and racked on the miles. 84+k in 4+ yrs. It was time for a second set of brakes and tires. It was time, plus I wanted to try and maximize trade-in value before we hit 100k. Like I said, big large/beautiful '21 Ram for the long hauler...Macan for grabbing groceries and smoking-hot date nights LOL. 😄

1 - 7 of 7 Posts