Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm an LR2 owner and am looking forward to the upgrade in performance that the Macan will offer. My last three cars have all been ordered as new model releases. I go with my gut and haven't been disappointed yet :)
I've been in a pre-order que for an S with a $1K deposit since Nov. 8th. with my local NYC dealer who informs me that at that point I was one of only four people lining up at her dealership.
I've seen others on this forum say they have already placed an order. I'm curious if these people are stateside and if it's truly an official order (or have they just submitted their online build to their dealer as I have done)?!?!
Looking forward to getting some great insights from everyone here.
Thx!
Paul

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is a good question, macanS. Yes, I went through the picking all of the options we wanted, however, the salesman hasn't yet been trained on all the details. He said his dealer will not receive training for a month or so. Good thing, since you likely saw that the Macan online selection site lacks some key details/clarifications, plus, some picture lack needed details.

My wife asked the salesman whether our 10% deposit was refundable, and he said no. I took this as a positive when he clarified--our deposit was just like buying the car, an "official order" We are locked in and prioritized, he stated. Once the dealer gets the training, we'll have about a week in March to finalize all options. He did not provide an exact date, but said we'll get status updates when the car is built, where it is and the expected delivery date in May. Porsche used to ship their cars into Baltimore, but now they get better results using Rhode Island. It is something about Baltimore ship congestion; he mentioned this because my dealer is in Northern Virginia.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
In Canada, but I was told my deposit is refundable as well (only $2500). I get the impression I'm in the queue with the dealer and when they get their next monthly allocation (the first one is all dealer test cars) my order will go in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.