Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just closed the deal on my Macan Turbo with Jet Black Metallic/20" RS Spyder rims/Carbon Fibre trim/black leather. Trading my 2011 Cayman S for something that can out accelerate it yet has 4 doors.

Should be in my hands May 15th. Let the waiting begin. :)

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Just closed the deal on my Macan Turbo with Jet Black Metallic/20" RS Spyder rims/Carbon Fibre trim/black leather. Trading my 2011 Cayman S for something that can out accelerate it yet has 4 doors.

Should be in my hands May 15th. Let the waiting begin. :)
Welcome and congrats. I'm anxious to see how the Macan handles vs my Cayman S. The limits of the Cayman are too high to explore on public roads. If the Macan is as much fun to push safely, I may just let my Cayman go to make some room in the garage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Ottawa. Had to do a bit of hard negotiating with the dealer here but managed to get a small discount and a decent price on my Cayman for the trade. I'm confirmed for May for sure though. The dealer here gets 2 turbos in his first allocation in May and for a while at least I should have the only one in town.

Both turbos were apparently launch vehicles, but he respun one to my spec for early delivery. The next batch is coming in July, but Turbos generally sound like they are in limited supply. Sounds like they have orders for about 20 Macan S's, but the first allocation is only around 15.

·
Registered
16 Posts
New to forum

Ordered Macan S this month - one of 4 of London's first batch. Hopefully delivery will be on time! Spec'd out black with red/black interior, 20" sport design, black exterior trim, pasm, sport chrono, Bose. Can't wait to tint the windows to totally black it out. Too bad no black rims offered right now!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm conflicted tinting the windows - never did on my Cayman. When you drive a car this nice I think it's better to be seen.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ordered Macan S this month - one of 4 of London's first batch. Hopefully delivery will be on time! Spec'd out black with red/black interior, 20" sport design, black exterior trim, pasm, sport chrono, Bose. Can't wait to tint the windows to totally black it out. Too bad no black rims offered right now!
Hey, congratulations - when is your "on time" delivery expectation? I wanted to order mine at London - good dealership, but their advertised website prices for both the S and the Turbo reflected a couple of thousand bucks premium over MSRP. None of the other three nearby Porsche dealers want anything more (or less!) than MSRP.
Regarding window tint, doesn't the Macan come standard with privacy glass already? I don't think all-black tint would be my choice on the Macan. To me, Porsches are about elegance and quality, both of which suffer when overdone IMHO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Expected delivery date is May 17. Hope it's on time as my lease on a 335 is up in April and might have to rent a car for a bit! Given London only had 4 first production vehicles available (2 already gone when I was in the dealership again 2 weeks later), I didn't bother haggling the price down. Probably not worth my time and highly unlikely to be successful. That being said, the base on the S was 54300, which is the same as the online configuration.

Definitely agree that it's nice to be seen in a Porsche!:D On the other hand, I do like the look and privacy of the tint.....avoids the "fishbowl" effect of being in a nice car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.