Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yay Calgary! only city in canadia I remember :) (have relatives there)

currently 11pm Friday there, sleep well tonight and have fun at the dealer tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys. I am selling/ trading the SRT. My wife has a 2012 grand cherokee overland that will probably still be the bad weather vehicle.

Ordered a white S with the black/red interior, nav, sport chrono (ive read this is a must have in any porsche), premium plus package, and 20 inch sport design wheels.

Should be here around June, cant wait.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey guys. I am selling/ trading the SRT. My wife has a 2012 grand cherokee overland that will probably still be the bad weather vehicle.

Ordered a white S with the black/red interior, nav, sport chrono (ive read this is a must have in any porsche), premium plus package, and 20 inch sport design wheels.

Besides take 0.2 seconds off the 0-60, what does Sport Chrono do?

·
Registered
972 Posts
What's included in the premium plus package?

I have launch control in my Golf R... it's so much fun! That said, the novelty wore off after about 3 launches and since then I've used it less than once a month

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
does anyone think the Pano roof will weigh down the Macan too much?
It's certainly a heavy option, and one that adds the weight at the absolute worst position from a performance concern: the very top of the vehicle.

Whether that weight is "too much" depends on what you choose to do with the car. Given that this is a CUV, it's not quite as critical as adding to a true sports car. I will say that my spec does not include this option, as I don't want the weight, and because we have a panoramic roof that hardly gets used on our current 3 series wagon.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Premium plus includes pano roof, bi-xenons, entry and drive, park assist with camera, the 14 way seats, ventilated and rear heat,
Thanks. In Australia we're lucky to get bi-xenons, park assist + camera and 14-way seats as standard... but then our options cost 2-3 times more :(

It's certainly a heavy option, and one that adds the weight at the absolute worst position from a performance concern: the very top of the vehicle.

Whether that weight is "too much" depends on what you choose to do with the car. Given that this is a CUV, it's not quite as critical as adding to a true sports car.
Exactly... I personally do not have any intention of chucking this around too hard, so all of my options lean towards comfort and practicality with the base car itself being more than sufficient for some fun here and there. I'll save the PTV and sport chrono for the Cayman ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Do any of you know the actual weight increase for the pano? I just like having more natural light in a vehicle, i always get sunroofs.
On the Mercedes E-class it adds between 90 and 220 lbs (40-100kg)... so the Macan's one would probably be around the high end of that :)

On paper it's a horrible option to add, but if you've ever been in a car that has it, you know just how much brighter and airier the cabin becomes

edit: another option that adds a hefty chunk of weight might be the 3-zone climate control; in the cayenne it's achieved by adding a separate AC compressor/fan/etc just for the rear passengers

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi there,
I am from Edmonton but currently out of country. I am going to place an order on Black Macan S. May I know how much is your Macan?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think my build was roughly 72k before destination and all that stuff. You can get away with about 65, but any less than that and you are really bare-bones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.