Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm more interested to know if there are any known issue with each model.
The biggest problem with the Turbo (PP / CHIP / Cobb or whatever) is that the power is so intoxicating that you find yourself mashing the peddle to the metal all the time and your wallet empties out due to the amount of gas you use .... but always with a great grin on our face.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I drove both the Turbo and the GTS. I thought the GTS felt much sharper and more raw. Bought the GTS.
You drive and decide. I mean if you drive them all and like the 4 cylinder and don t notice much diiferce the way you drive then get that. To me the GTS was always a more unique choice. If you are not too experienced with cars also realize the tires the one you choose has on it. Summer tires can not be used in winter weather or even colder temps..
Don t buy a used one unless it has CPO warranty or you have a big checking account. Porsche repairs are expensive.
Just my 2 cents. You ll get dozens of different preferences by members here. This is the internet, LOL.

·
Registered
317 Posts
PS/. Just sold an 18 GTS with less than 20K miles if you want to PM me on prices.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
If you are considering a GTS, you might want to test drive a Turbo as used they are not fetching much more than a GTS.

There is a much larger difference in power stepping up from a GTS to a Turbo versus an S to a GTS. A GTS engine is merely a S engine with different software, whereas the Turbo engine has a 20% longer stroke with provides more low end torque which is very beneficial in day to day driving.

We own both a GTS and Turbo, and while we love both, the GTS is a bit underpowered and is constantly shifting down to find power whereas the Turbo feels so effortless, and the GTS has considerable Turbo lag.

When they were new the price difference was so great many could not justify the Turbo's higher cost, but used you can take advantage of the fact that the previous owner has already absorbed the excess depreciation.
now it all makes sense! Knowing very little about cars, I recently tussled with CPO GTS \ Turbo selection. Turbo just felt right and a better drive. On paper it looked so close (ofcourse didn’t realize about the torque concept you mentioned here), but the drive was so much better. So just went with my intuition. Also, for CPOs, pricing for both were almost on par. Anyway proud owner of 2018 Turbo. Btw there is a whole different issue I’m dealing with re: TCC leak that I found out after the purchase. It’ll be a hassle, but even with that I’m loving the car. The kids & the dog are getting way too many round the block drives :-D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts