Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was googling and couldn't find any... 馃槀

It's being built this week and delivery should be in April!
P.S. In the spirit of your car being built this week, you may enjoy this if you haven't seen it already:

I've watched it a few times 馃檭

Registered
Current (2020 Boxster & 2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
P.S. In the spirit of your car being built this week, you may enjoy this if you haven't seen it already:

I've watched it a few times 馃檭
Thanks! It's always fascinating to watch the production process.

Registered
I drove a 2021 GTS chalk with gloss black exterior everything including door handles. It looked very nice, forum member purchased the car from Porsche Warrington and posted photos here someplace. Nick Murray also covered the gloss black rabbit hole on one of his videos, either Macan or Cayenne deep dive on options.

Registered
I think gloss black on chalk (or white) looks quite good. But then comes the practicality of it. Let start with the front grill area (and mirrors). Bug stains are a bear with gloss black. If you鈥檙e okay with that well then good. I guess you could PPF that. It鈥檚 just a hassle to keep nice IMO. Now gb wheels look great鈥.when clean AND the tires are kept clean and black. When the tires are not perfect, the gloss black wheels just don鈥檛 look good. I鈥檇 be a basket case trying to keep the gloss black wheels pristine and looking fresh. When they鈥檙e not, the car just looks sad. (Don鈥檛 get me started on the interior gloss black. What a PITA. The console is more than enough). Those are just my two pennies. ymmv.

Reactions: windblow and r_mcd

Registered
Great build! May be biased, I have almost the exact same (my profile pic is outdated showing VG) 鈥 chalk, GT gloss, black interior.

The gloss black package was one of my last decisions and I even made a poll a few weeks ago鈥urns out the votes were almost 50/50, so didn鈥檛 make it much easier to decide! Haha. Ultimately I decided to skip it for practicality (cleanliness) and cost purposes especially if the consensus was split on it. I also didn鈥檛 like the idea of paying more to have the same front end as a base or S model black Macan.

Similar to you, I鈥檝e spent some time searching and searching for real examples. Here鈥檚 a video I found on YouTube that has it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Registered
You found one, thank you! I think that gloss black front looks awesome!! The consensus seems to be that it's gonna have to get it covered with PPF though.

Have you got your code to share? When's delivery?
Don鈥檛 forget to cover the gloss black of the B pillars, where its needed most.

Registered
Don鈥檛 forget to cover the gloss black of the B pillars, where its needed most.
What is the Issue that it needs to be wrapped?
I have gloss black B pillars on my current Macan and don鈥檛 have any problems.

Registered
What is the Issue that it needs to be wrapped?
I have gloss black B pillars on my current Macan and don鈥檛 have any problems.
I鈥檓 surprised. Both our current VAG cars鈥 B pillars are quite swirly, wife鈥檚 in worse shape than mine. After I buffed mine, covered in Xpel.

Registered
I鈥檓 surprised. Both our current VAG cars鈥 B pillars are quite swirly, wife鈥檚 in worse shape than mine. After I buffed mine, covered in Xpel.
My Audi S4 and Audi Q8 have sport black gloss trim on the B pillars. Yes, they get a bit swirl marked over time so I just give them a quick light polish and wax once a year鈥ood as new. Honestly, I think wrapping those in PPF is more detrimental to the cosmetics than having to deal with swirl marks from time to time.

Registered
As someone that took delivery in Dec of my long waited chalk 2021 GTS, I promise you, that you will be happy going in either direction on this one (both look super). I pondered this same exact thing when building my 2021. I ended up going with chalk, black satin Spyders, high gloss black sport design mirrors, high gloss black door handles, high gloss black window trim, gloss black roof rails and did the Macan GTS on the back in high gloss black (free option on 2021). I almost went with the gloss black sport design package but on the 2021 selecting that oddly turned the gloss black rear upper window spoiler piece body color (chalk) and I did not want that. It appears on the 2022 that does not happen, but you may want to confirm with your dealer for US spec car.

Now that I have my GTS, I am glad a went the way I did with the mix of satin and gloss. Its a perfect balance having everything above the door handles high gloss and all the below below the handles satin. It just works and I promise nothing looks odd or out of place in person. Its so aggressively beautiful. One thing I have noticed lately seeing Rav 4s, Camrys, some Chevy SUVS etc, is they are doing the full on gloss black trim everywhere and to my eye it looks like they are trying so hard to the point of almost looking oddly cheap.

Now that said, what I meant at the beginning of my post about either way being just fine is that the difference from 6 feet away is not much no matter what you choose and I am sure I would be typing the same response had I gone with gloss black lower bits. Bottom line is I assure you the contrast of selecting all the black bit options with chalk in any combo of satin and gloss black is mesmerizing to the eye and it transforms the Macan GTS into being as visually "GTS" of Porsche as you can get. Congrats on your future ride!

Registered
I just went out and had another look at mine and I cannot see any blemishes at all even in glancing light, they are as good as new
2018 model that has just done 100,000 k and a daily driver

Registered
Hi all,

Some of you may be following along with my build deliberations for my 22 GTS that should be order locked during March. Thanks to the forum's help, I've decided to go with my heart and option chalk paint.

My build as it currently stands includes high gloss black roof rails and lower mirrors, with the normal matte black GTS grill and side blades. I was really happy with the way the car looked, and gloss black for the matte black bits didn't really cross my mind as necessary.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I've since found this video on YouTube of a guy taking delivery of a chalk 911 with the full scope of gloss black highlights:

I think it looks incredible.

Here are the differences between my current build and a proposed revision with all high gloss components.

Current:

View attachment 250136
View attachment 250137

Proposed:

View attachment 250138
View attachment 250139

You'll note the glossy front grill, lower side blades and the high gloss black GT wheels. Around the back I've also chosen gloss black for the model designation, etc. All up the changes add around A$5k to my build 馃槙

My questions are:

1. has anyone seen a the new style GTS grill optioned with high gloss black yet? if so, would you mind posting pics or linking me?

2. does the high gloss plastic hold up well enough to scratches, etc. over time or will it need protection?

3. should I just option the matte spiders, save $3k and maybe get them sprayed gloss or should I go whole hog? I do prefer the design of the spiders.

Optioning these cars is such an expensive exercise 馃槱

Thanks!

P.S. not a fan of gloss black handles, before someone gets in there.

Registered
My Targa is Chalk with gloss black wheels, rear grill, and carbon fiber (gloss) mirrors. I think it's a great look, I'm a little disappointed I didn't go through with the gloss black turbo exterior package but either way the gloss black looks great. Best of luck.

Reactions: r_mcd and Beardy

Registered
You found one, thank you! I think that gloss black front looks awesome!! The consensus seems to be that it's gonna have to get it covered with PPF though.

Have you got your code to share? When's delivery?
Haha, I鈥檝e watched pretty much every single Macan 2022 video out there in anticipation. It does look nice, I flipflop on it all the time, really is just a preference.

No delivery date set yet unfortunately鈥till waiting on allocations. Here鈥檚 my latest code The Porsche Code
The one in my profile picture (previous version) had the gloss black.

Registered
Also, my Macan's front grille is gloss black as part of the Turbo PP exterior Turbo package that was exclusive to the PP's but still an option. After 4 years it's still in perfect shape and does not have anything but a ceramic coat on it.

Reactions: r_mcd and Beardy

Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
Heres my Gen 2 Turbo collected Nov with everything gloss black - not a fan of mixing textures so stuck with gloss for consistency despite the warnings. Had gloss black grille on my 10 yr Audi and that looked fine. I actually started with the interior colour and built around that with my colour palette as Red, Black and Silver ...

Reactions: r_mcd
21 - 40 of 42 Posts