Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Some of you may be following along with my build deliberations for my 22 GTS that should be order locked during March. Thanks to the forum's help, I've decided to go with my heart and option chalk paint.

My build as it currently stands includes high gloss black roof rails and lower mirrors, with the normal matte black GTS grill and side blades. I was really happy with the way the car looked, and gloss black for the matte black bits didn't really cross my mind as necessary.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I've since found this video on YouTube of a guy taking delivery of a chalk 911 with the full scope of gloss black highlights:

I think it looks incredible.

Here are the differences between my current build and a proposed revision with all high gloss components.

Current:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Proposed:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

You'll note the glossy front grill, lower side blades and the high gloss black GT wheels. Around the back I've also chosen gloss black for the model designation, etc. All up the changes add around A$5k to my build 馃槙

My questions are:

1. has anyone seen a the new style GTS grill optioned with high gloss black yet? if so, would you mind posting pics or linking me?

2. does the high gloss plastic hold up well enough to scratches, etc. over time or will it need protection?

3. should I just option the matte spiders, save $3k and maybe get them sprayed gloss or should I go whole hog? I do prefer the design of the spiders.

Optioning these cars is such an expensive exercise 馃槱

Thanks!

P.S. not a fan of gloss black handles, before someone gets in there.

Registered
Your build looks identical to mine. I have optioned the gloss black highlight package in my build mostly to break up the front end a bit. I am still undecided on it a bit as I am traditionally not a fan of gloss black and would prefer the side blades and wheels were satin finish
But I look at my current Macan and it has a number of gloss black trims and I am fine with that so I don鈥檛 know what I will do.
The GT wheels are my favourite but will settle for the Spiders if they are still not available

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your build looks identical to mine. I have optioned the gloss black highlight package in my build mostly to break up the front end a bit. I am still undecided on it a bit as I am traditionally not a fan of gloss black and would prefer the side blades and wheels were satin finish
But I look at my current Macan and it has a number of gloss black trims and I am fine with that so I don鈥檛 know what I will do.
The GT wheels are my favourite but will settle for the Spiders if they are still not available
Thanks for your input. I too would not normally go for gloss black as it was easy to swirl scratch on my previous car and that was only in small sections around windows, etc., but I also don't like the way that matte black plastic looks dull over time and the current inconsistency I have between gloss black and matte black highlights across the build.

I'd be really really interested to see the new GTS grill with the gloss black but have yet to see one. I agree with you that it could break up that gaping maw a bit (which I actually like).

I'm genuinely surprised that the GT wheels are such a high cost upgrade, given that the Spider wheels are so intricate and are already factored into GTS pricing. But because Porsche, I guess 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 I could always get the Spiders gloss sprayed...

Registered
I'm genuinely surprised that the GT wheels are such a high cost upgrade, given that the Spider wheels are so intricate and are already factored into GTS pricing. But because Porsche, I guess 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 I could always get the Spiders gloss sprayed...
Dont be surprised it is the 鈥淧orsche Way鈥 When I bought my Cayenne the 21 inch GTS wheels were a $12K upgrade option but I had to have them as they made the car for me.

The Matt black trim holds up fine on my 2018 model and I give it a bit of love with one of the trim detailer products every now and then
I am not worried about how either finish stands up, it is just the look I am trying to get my head around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont be surprised it is the 鈥淧orsche Way鈥 When I bought my Cayenne the 21 inch GTS wheels were a $12K upgrade option but I had to have them as they made the car for me.

The Matt black trim holds up fine on my 2018 model and I give it a bit of love with one of the trim detailer products every now and then
I am not worried about how either finish stands up, it is just the look I am trying to get my head around.
Have you got your latest build code handy?

Registered
Hi all,

Some of you may be following along with my build deliberations for my 22 GTS that should be order locked during March. Thanks to the forum's help, I've decided to go with my heart and option chalk paint.

My build as it currently stands includes high gloss black roof rails and lower mirrors, with the normal matte black GTS grill and side blades. I was really happy with the way the car looked, and gloss black for the matte black bits didn't really cross my mind as necessary.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I've since found this video on YouTube of a guy taking delivery of a chalk 911 with the full scope of gloss black highlights:

I think it looks incredible.

Here are the differences between my current build and a proposed revision with all high gloss components.

Current:

View attachment 250136
View attachment 250137

Proposed:

View attachment 250138
View attachment 250139

You'll note the glossy front grill, lower side blades and the high gloss black GT wheels. Around the back I've also chosen gloss black for the model designation, etc. All up the changes add around A$5k to my build 馃槙

My questions are:

1. has anyone seen a the new style GTS grill optioned with high gloss black yet? if so, would you mind posting pics or linking me?

2. does the high gloss plastic hold up well enough to scratches, etc. over time or will it need protection?

3. should I just option the matte spiders, save $3k and maybe get them sprayed gloss or should I go whole hog? I do prefer the design of the spiders.

Optioning these cars is such an expensive exercise 馃槱

Thanks!

P.S. not a fan of gloss black handles, before someone gets in there.
Love your build. Here is my very similar build (Cdn config):

The only gloss black is the wheels and roof rails. I prefer satin to gloss black and that also happens to save me some $$. Honestly, I鈥檓 not sure how much of a difference gloss vs satin makes beyond 10 feet. That鈥檚 the single biggest reason I didn鈥檛 go with the carbon fibre side blades. I鈥檓 currently waffling on the black side mirrors. One day I prefer them, the next day I don鈥檛. Close call.

Did you post your build code?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The only gloss black is the wheels and roof rails. I prefer satin to gloss black and that also happens to save me some $$. Honestly, I鈥檓 not sure how much of a difference gloss vs satin makes beyond 10 feet. That鈥檚 the single biggest reason I didn鈥檛 go with the carbon fibre side blades. I鈥檓 currently waffling on the black side mirrors. One day I prefer them, the next day I don鈥檛. Close call.

Great build. I wish my budget could stretch to those GT gloss wheels...

It's also so interesting to see the regional variances in standard equipment between countries. In Aus for example, sport chrono and puddle lights are standard and we don't have 'packs', so it's not that we haven't optioned some things, they may just be standard here.

Here's my latest incorporating the gloss black elements which I'm really leaning towards :)

The Porsche Code

Did you watch that 911 video I posted? What did you think?

Registered
Great build. I wish my budget could stretch to those GT gloss wheels...

It's also so interesting to see the regional variances in standard equipment between countries. In Aus for example, sport chrono and puddle lights are standard and we don't have 'packs', so it's not that we haven't optioned some things, they may just be standard here.

Here's my latest incorporating the gloss black elements which I'm really leaning towards :)

The Porsche Code

Did you watch that 911 video I posted? What did you think?
I did鈥reat vid. If we could spec the same look sport chrono clock and instruments in Guards Red I would have done it.

Noticed you spec鈥檇 the same brushed aluminum illuminated door sills鈥ove them. You didn鈥檛 spring for the wheels but you sprung for that extremely pricey Burmeister system鈥 You must love your music! I also spec鈥檇 the chalk stitching and seat belts as I really think that will help break up the 鈥渂lack cave鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did鈥reat vid. If we could spec the same look sport chrono clock and instruments in Guards Red I would have done it.

Noticed you spec鈥檇 the same brushed aluminum illuminated door sills鈥ove them. You didn鈥檛 spring for the wheels but you sprung for that extremely pricey Burmeister system鈥 You must love your music! I also spec鈥檇 the chalk stitching and seat belts as I really think that will help break up the 鈥渂lack cave鈥.
I'm glad you love them too! I used to have them in my MB and I just thought they were the bees knees at night time.

Good pick up - I definitely love my music. I do a lot of long drives and love, love, love good (and loud) music. It's also why I went for the noise insulating glass. I'm a bit of a tech head and I figure that I'd be listening to music more in the car than I'll be sat outside looking at the wheels :ROFLMAO:

Also, I really love the black cave look - in my mind it's smart and sophisticated and enveloping with the car but I can totally understand that it's too dark for some people. Red and beige interiors for example, are just 110% not my thing, but I appreciate that everyone has their own taste.

Have you got a lock in and delivery date?

Registered

This is my order, probably going to add Burmeister system though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok this video is convincing me that the gloss black exterior package is a necessity given how the rest of the gloss black pops compared to the matte black:

Also looks like I can get away with the spiders; they seem shiny enough once cleaned up.

馃捀馃捀馃捀

Registered
Sold (2020 Boxster) | Current (2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
Very similar spec but I went with gloss black but with Carrerra White. If anything, you can just PPF the front gloss-black bits.

Here's my code The Porsche Code

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very similar spec but I went with gloss black but with Carrerra White. If anything, you can just PPF the front gloss-black bits.

Here's my code The Porsche Code
I had almost that exact exterior spec on my screen often myself! Congrats. When do you take delivery?

I'd LOVE to see some real life photos of the GTS grill with the gloss black option but have been unsuccessful so far.

I think I'll have to PPF the gloss grill and side blades at a minimum...

Registered
鈥鈥檓 currently waffling on the black side mirrors. One day I prefer them, the next day I don鈥檛. Close call.
I was recently in your shoes, couldn鈥檛 decide. I thought all ext. colored side mirrors had a special look to them, I still do but after seeing multiple videos of with and without, for me, the gloss black base SD mirrors tie-in too well with the gloss black window trim. Have fun deciding.

Lock date moved to Feb 8th with production in February and a late April delivery.
Nice! My lock date is a week after yours but my dealer stated ETA in the system shows mid May but he鈥檚 confident it will be early May. I sure hope so.

Registered
Sold (2020 Boxster) | Current (2020 Macan S) | Ordered (2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 & 2022 Macan GTS)
I had almost that exact exterior spec on my screen often myself! Congrats. When do you take delivery?

I'd LOVE to see some real life photos of the GTS grill with the gloss black option but have been unsuccessful so far.

I think I'll have to PPF the gloss grill and side blades at a minimum...
I was googling and couldn't find any... 馃槀

It's being built this week and delivery should be in April!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts