Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for 4 months now & I should have posted this a longgg time ago but I never ended up doing it, so here it is..

If my Iphone connects to PCM, and I'am listening to am/fm radio and I receive a text message, why do I NOT get an audio tone? (Yes, my phones volume is on, and up).

MyIphone must either be on the Bluetooth setting where I stream music from songs on my phone, OR connected with a cable to the USB outlet in the armrest while streaming songs from my phone in order for me to hear the text msg tone.

Its annoying to know that if someone texts me and im listening to the radio that I will NOT know im getting a text. WHY?! Am I the only one?

If the phone rings, then of course everything is fine... it seems to be only with texts where I can't hear anything and have to actually pick up the phone & look to see if I've received a text.

/end rant

Reactions: Tigger-T

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've had my car for 4 months now & I should have posted this a longgg time ago but I never ended up doing it, so here it is..

If my Iphone connects to PCM, and I'am listening to am/fm radio and I receive a text message, why do I NOT get an audio tone? (Yes, my phones volume is on, and up).

Its like my Iphone must either be connected to the Bluetooth setting where I stream music from songs on my phone, OR connected with a cable to the USB outlet in the armrest while streaming songs from my phone in order for me to hear the text msg tone.

Its annoying to know that if someone texts me and im listening to the radio that I will NOT know im getting a text. WHY?! Am I the only one?

If the phone rings, then of course everything is fine... it seems to be only with texts where I can't hear anything and have to actually pick up the phone & look to see if I've received a text.

/end rant
If your phone is connected to PCM for BT audio as well you will need to change source to BT audio to hear the alert. I hear the alert as I use BT Audio all the time as I have posted in a separate thread on BT audio pains.

One option is you could change/update the BT profile to connect to PCM to phone only and not use the media audio part. I can do that on my Note 4 but so not sure how it works in Iphone.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your phone is connected to PCM for BT audio as well you will need to change source to BT audio to hear the alert. I hear the alert as I use BT Audio all the time as I have posted in a separate thread on BT audio pains.

One option is you could change/update the BT profile to connect to PCM to phone only and not use the media audio part. I can do that on my Note 4 but so not sure how it works in Iphone.

I don't think you are understanding my question...
How do I hear my text msg tone if iam listening to the radio? (My phone is connected to PCM while Iam listening to the radio).

I CAN hear the tone if im streaming music from my phone via BT or while connected by cord.

I CANNOT hear it if the radio is on though.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

MyIphone must either be on the Bluetooth setting where I stream music from songs on my phone, OR connected with a cable to the USB outlet in the armrest while streaming songs from my phone in order for me to hear the text msg tone.

/end rant
Here's my two cents.

Once PCM is connected to BT go to the BT section in the 'settings' area on your phone. There it will indicate with a check mark that your phone is connected to PCM. Press on the "i" in the circle next to it. Select enable notifications or something similar.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Mine works fine. When I am listening to XM and I receive a txt on my iphone 5s, I hear a tone and there is a notification in the lower left corner of the pcm

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Mine works fine. When I am listening to XM and I receive a txt on my iphone 5s, I hear a tone and there is a notification in the lower left corner of the pcm
Me too. And i dont even have PCM. This is on Android.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Have your programmed your iPhone to "Notify" PCM?

Sounds like you haven't.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are you able to read texts on the pcm or only see notifications?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't been able to display texts or emails like PCM claims I should be able to do. I've been playing with my settings to see if I can figure it out, but no luck yet...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I posted this before, you have to enable Show Notifications in the iPhone Blutooth settings for PCM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Regarding seeing texts and emails on the PCM, it's definitely a cool option but does anyone find that you have to press the screen WAY TOO MANY times just to read a simple text??

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Regarding seeing texts and emails on the PCM, it's definitely a cool option but does anyone find that you have to press the screen WAY TOO MANY times just to read a simple text??
Yes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you need a certain option with the PCM in order to view texts on the PCM screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Do you need a certain option with the PCM in order to view texts on the PCM screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nope but you do need a phone that is compatible and has the right settings selected. Which phone are you trying to get texts from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an iPhone 5S. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
When I'm listening to music I don't want any interruption. I even put a gag on my wife. :laugh:
...He boldly claims in the relative security of the online world. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts