Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Vendor
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Detail shop (Rocky Mountain Auto Salon) took some pics after they were done. Thought I鈥檇 share because it鈥檒l never look this good again! 馃榾馃槩

Decided to go matte on the haptic controls and love it. No fingerprints and it ties in really well with the plastic around the shifter and the aluminum interior accents. It still looks great when lit up as well. For the very OCD out there, there鈥檚 a 1mm border around the control console with the Expel kit that is still shiny. The installer got it perfectly even so it almost looks like its by design. Console pic shows before and after. Couldn鈥檛 be happier.

Next up, wheel spacers are in my garage waiting for when i get some spare time.

View attachment 257841
My car is getting PPF today. I asked the dealership to have the matte film added. My SA said it will cost $250. I told him to tell his supplier to halve that cost or forget about it. Seems like such a ripoff. How much did your console cost?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My car is getting PPF today. I asked the dealership to have the matte film added. My SA said it will cost $250. I told him to tell his supplier to halve that cost or forget about it. Seems like such a ripoff. How much did your console cost?
i don鈥檛 know as it was included with all the other work.

Registered
Finally got my GTS back from the dealer who was trying to find the problem with my HVAC temperature controls periodically flashing after having matte Xpel coating applied to the console. As you would expect, the controls worked perfectly at the dealer. No codes were thrown from previous outages. They investigated it thoroughly but could never find a problem.

The temperature controls went out for about 30 seconds since I got it back from the dealer. It seems to be happening less often. I plan to just drive it until it stops working and I can return to the dealer. Will keep you informed. I like the matte film so much that I would do it over again. Best of luck to all those who have the film applied.

Registered
The water application of the PPF is what鈥檚 keeping me from doing the console. There used to be phone screen protectors that were matte finish that required no water to apply and stuck quite well. Why can鈥檛 they make something like that? I鈥檝e had my car for several months now and using my soft microfiber to clean the console once a week is fine for now (frankly, it doesn鈥檛 get super finger printed). I鈥檓 hoping something will come available soon that will not require soaking the console.

Reactions: cdarwinj

Vendor
The water application of the PPF is what鈥檚 keeping me from doing the console. There used to be phone screen protectors that were matte finish that required no water to apply and stuck quite well. Why can鈥檛 they make something like that? I鈥檝e had my car for several months now and using my soft microfiber to clean the console once a week is fine for now (frankly, it doesn鈥檛 get super finger printed). I鈥檓 hoping something will come available soon that will not require soaking the console.
You wish and good idea are my command! :cool: I have RFQ's into 4 vendors who cut films for cell phones and other devices. I was charged $150 (after telling them to take a jump when they told me $250) for Matte PPF on my center console. I should be able to get the price of pre-cut matte films down to $29 - $39. I will gladly give you a set to try and give me feedback before I start the presses.

Registered
Detail shop (Rocky Mountain Auto Salon) took some pics after they were done. Thought I鈥檇 share because it鈥檒l never look this good again! 馃榾馃槩

Decided to go matte on the haptic controls and love it. No fingerprints and it ties in really well with the plastic around the shifter and the aluminum interior accents. It still looks great when lit up as well. For the very OCD out there, there鈥檚 a 1mm border around the control console with the Expel kit that is still shiny. The installer got it perfectly even so it almost looks like its by design. Console pic shows before and after. Couldn鈥檛 be happier.

Next up, wheel spacers are in my garage waiting for when i get some spare time.

View attachment 257841
View attachment 257849
View attachment 257850
View attachment 257844

View attachment 257848
View attachment 257845
View attachment 257843
View attachment 257842
View attachment 257846

Registered
You wish and good idea are my command! :cool: I have RFQ's into 4 vendors who cut films for cell phones and other devices. I was charged $150 (after telling them to take a jump when they told me $250) for Matte PPF on my center console. I should be able to get the price of pre-cut matte films down to $29 - $39. I will gladly give you a set to try and give me feedback before I start the presses.

Registered
Your car looks amazing. I was SO close to getting Gentian. I may have been the member you referencing early on with the side markers. Unfortunately, painted are the only side markers that look good on the Macan. After painted, I prefer stock.

Mr. Wolfe

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Your car looks amazing. I was SO close to getting Gentian. I may have been the member you referencing early on with the side markers. Unfortunately, painted are the only side markers that look good on the Macan. After painted, I prefer stock.

Mr. Wolfe
Yup. That was me asking you about side markers. I never did paint a set but it鈥檚 still on my wish list. Looks great!

Did you ever get your wheels on? I haven鈥檛 seen your thread for a while but I also haven鈥檛 been on this forum as much lately because I鈥檓 getting a new 992 so have been spending a lot of time researching the new ride.

Registered
Yup. That was me asking you about side markers. I never did paint a set but it鈥檚 still on my wish list. Looks great!

Did you ever get your wheels on? I haven鈥檛 seen your thread for a while but I also haven鈥檛 been on this forum as much lately because I鈥檓 getting a new 992 so have been spending a lot of time researching the new ride.
Have not ordered my wheels yet. Still up in the air on which ones I am ordering. Should have something later in the spring/summer.

Congrats on the 992, that would be awesome.

Mr. Wolfe

41 - 53 of 53 Posts