Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct forum but perhaps there are few electrical experts here.

I recently moved into a building that provides ev charging station at every second spot in the parking garage. At the present time I do not anticipate buying an ev vehicle. Yet I would benefit greatly from a trickle charger for my battery ( I am extensively away few months at a time). Does anybody know if there (I searched the net) is an adapter that plugs into the nozzle of the charging station that can provide 110v power?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way. First of all you probably have Level2 chargers in your parking garage, which operate on 220 volts. The next problem is that the car and the “charger“ communicate with each other. One pin needs a certain resistance value in order to begin the communication sequence. Another pin communicates a pwm signal between the car and the charge to determine the level of charge the on board inverter can handle

long story short, you aren‘t going to be able to get 110v from the charge head

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way. First of all you probably have Level2 chargers in your parking garage, which operate on 220 volts. The next problem is that the car and the “charger“ communicate with each other. One pin needs a certain resistance value in order to begin the communication sequence. Another pin communicates a pwm signal between the car and the charge to determine the level of charge the on board inverter can handle

long story short, you aren‘t going to be able to get 110v from the charge head
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. It makes sense what you are saying. I was kind of thinking….you have to ask….
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.