Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the US models (in particular, the 3.0 V6) have the particulate filter that was added to meet the new tougher EU emission standards?

I've heard conflicting answers on this.

I know in the case of BMW, they did not add it to their US cards. But given VW/Audi/Porsche group problems with "Dieselgate", I'm thinking they probably did it globally out of an abundance of caution.

Apologies if this is addressed in an existing thread (I searched and found threads on the OPF topic but nothing that explicitly addresses whether the US cars have it).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
This is funny. There is a VERY long thread on MBWorld regarding this subject. Many guys are complaining that their C63's don't have enough crackle and pop like earlier versions. We 'believe' the particulate filters are located in the primary cats. So for those wanting a louder exhaust, they're purchasing aftermarket downpipes with and without 200 cell primary cats with no secondaries. And, yes. It's to scrub the exhaust to prevent the exhaust tips from getting more dirty than they already get.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I've read from a couple of sources that U.S. versions of the 2019+ Macan will NOT have the particulate filters, neither will AU Macans.

Now with that said....in place of the particulate filters, U.S. bound Macans will get an inert substrate that simulates the particle filters back pressure.

And no you just can't remove the inert substrate....the ECU will freak out. If you remove the inert substrate, you'll need a tune.

·
Registered
848 Posts
On the GT4, the US opf versions are inert but are alsounmonitored so you can just remove them. No tuning necessary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts