Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Macan GTS. I recently built a garage and now that it is colder I no longer keep the garage windows opened. Since then, there's a slight gas smell when I enter the garage. At first I thought it was from my "old" 2006 911 but this morning I took the Macan out of the garage and the smell is gone!

So it looks like it originates from the Macan. I don't see any leaks on the floor nor do I smell gas in the cabin. It seems like it is coming from the fuel trap door. Of course that's right there when I use the service door so perhaps it's "normal" that I smell some gas since it's right in front of me when I go in the garage?

I know there was a recall for older models but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this on more recent models?

·
Super Moderator
4,353 Posts
How about the possibility that opening the LARGE garage door when you removed the Macan allowed the gas fumes to dissipate?

Try this experiment: leave the 911 in the garage overnight and the Macan outside. See if you smell gas in the morning. I believe it is
more likely the older vehicle is leaking a bit of fuel and this trial will help to determine whether or not that is the case.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Macan is currently out of the garage and will remain there until tonight. The only thing I can think of is that I did add some Boostane in the 911 the day before and some splashed around when I poured it at the gas station. That liquid stinks a lot!

It's not a smell that lasts. You can smell it when entering the garage and it disappears within seconds. It's not like a huge gas smell that lasts.

Maybe the smell originates from that. I washed the 911 today, including behind the fuel door so we'll see...

·
Registered
364 Posts
2021 Macan GTS. I recently built a garage and now that it is colder I no longer keep the garage windows opened. Since then, there's a slight gas smell when I enter the garage. At first I thought it was from my "old" 2006 911 but this morning I took the Macan out of the garage and the smell is gone!

So it looks like it originates from the Macan. I don't see any leaks on the floor nor do I smell gas in the cabin. It seems like it is coming from the fuel trap door. Of course that's right there when I use the service door so perhaps it's "normal" that I smell some gas since it's right in front of me when I go in the garage?

I know there was a recall for older models but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this on more recent models?
What year is your Macan, if I recall there was a recall that gas could leak into the vehicle but forgot exactly what it entailed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts