1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
224 Posts
After loading up the options, it looks like they put an aftermarket hitch on it? Guess they forgot that one, lol!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beautiful exterior color and rims. I've seen a lot of turbos for sale with the red interior these days around northern NJ, which seems to indicate the color has fallen out of favor. Personally not my choice but overall this is one sweet Mac T for someone!

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful exterior color and rims. I've seen a lot of turbos for sale with the red interior these days around northern NJ, which seems to indicate the color has fallen out of favor. Personally not my choice but overall this is one sweet Mac T for someone!
Just because a car is for sale with a red interior doesn’t mean they sold it beeciase they got tired of interior. My last Macan had a red interior. I sold it, but loved it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does the vehicle have the 360 degree camera? Just says backup camera, does that mean in Porsche jargon that by default it means 360 or...

siberian

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the vehicle have the 360 degree camera? Just says backup camera, does that mean in Porsche jargon that by default it means 360 or...

siberian
360 camera is the “surround view” $1000 option. This Turbo does not have it, or full leather oddly. It does have PTV, SC, and Burmester though.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
360 camera is the “surround view” $1000 option

Thus a $100k+ vehicle doesn't come with the surround view, or leather???

Thanx for the heads up

siberian
It has leather seats and door arm rests, but not the full leather dash you get with full leather interior. Pretty crazy they didn’t spec that in a $110k Turbo. The surround view I can give them a pass for. That being said, if I was in the market for a CPO Macan it wouldn’t scare me off since you get the Burmester and all the performance options

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanx Vandit for your comments.

The vehicle will be for the wife and that was one of the items I was looking for in a "new car". I've retrofitted a lot of stuff into our Touaregs (heated steering wheel, rebuilt the oil filter drainage method, converted halogen to HIDs, replaced all rear lights by LEDs , installed backup LED pods, installed blind spot monitoring (that was especially time consuming) and the list goes on. But I wasn't going to reverse engineer the 360 camera. The Burmester I can do without though. A last question, the tow package.

I understand that a Macan is not going to tow but a fraction of what my Touaregs do (7,700 pounds and 700+ pounds tongue weight and yes despite having air suspension I do use a WDH) but can one assume that if you see a hitch that the electrics have been wired in for a brake controller or there's just a tow bar installed? I had to install all the electrics for both the VDubs to link up with a Tekonsha proportional brake controller - not the easiest.

Again thank you for your comments

siberian

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx Vandit for your comments.

The vehicle will be for the wife and that was one of the items I was looking for in a "new car". I've retrofitted a lot of stuff into our Touaregs (heated steering wheel, rebuilt the oil filter drainage method, converted halogen to HIDs, replaced all rear lights by LEDs , installed backup LED pods, installed blind spot monitoring (that was especially time consuming) and the list goes on. But I wasn't going to reverse engineer the 360 camera. The Burmester I can do without though. A last question, the tow package.

I understand that a Macan is not going to tow but a fraction of what my Touaregs do (7,700 pounds and 700+ pounds tongue weight and yes despite having air suspension I do use a WDH) but can one assume that if you see a hitch that the electrics have been wired in for a brake controller or there's just a tow bar installed? I had to install all the electrics for both the VDubs to link up with a Tekonsha proportional brake controller - not the easiest.

Again thank you for your comments

siberian

I bought my latest CPO Turbo PP that had EVERY option except the factory tow hitch. I need a hitch for my bike rack and a possible future boat or jet ski. Stealth hitch makes a hitch for $550? There are tutorials to show how to install yourself, or can find someone to install for you

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Whoever buys this Macan will have a full time job keeping the exterior clean. :crying:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I bought my latest CPO Turbo PP that had EVERY option except the factory tow hitch. I need a hitch for my bike rack and a possible future boat or jet ski. Stealth hitch makes a hitch for $550? There are tutorials to show how to install yourself, or can find someone to install for you

Including the electrical connections and tie ins or just how to install the hitch to the frame? I guess my question and specifically when you see a Macan with a hitch is it wired or the hitch is just mounted on the frame. There's a big difference between tow ready and tow package installed meaning electrical, 7 or 9 pin etc.

siberian

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Including the electrical connections and tie ins or just how to install the hitch to the frame? I guess my question and specifically when you see a Macan with a hitch is it wired or the hitch is just mounted on the frame. There's a big difference between tow ready and tow package installed meaning electrical, 7 or 9 pin etc.

siberian

https://stealthhitches.com/products/porsche-macan-hitch-gts-model-years-2014-2015-2016-2017?rq=yr_2017~mk_porsche~md_macan~ly_gts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts