Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the summer of 2017, when my wife and I were configuring our '18 S, we picked Saddle Brown -- "VN Leather Interior in Saddle Brown $3,630" -- for the interior.

Back then, Espresso was also a full-leather interior choice. That's a little darker, and was a little more expensive (and we had reached our budget), so we didn't consider it.

I was just looking at the configurator today, and noticed that Saddle Brown is no longer an option (unless I'm missing something). It appears that Espresso is the only "Natural Leather Interior / Natural Leather Seats" choice now, at least on the US site. (BTW, Espresso goes for $4,920 on the Base and S, and $3,180 on the GTS and Turbo.)

Anyone have any knowledge of or idea why they dropped Saddle Brown? My wife and I liked it then, and, three years and 43,000 miles later, we still like it; if we were to order, say, a 2021 S in Mamba Green, I think I would've preferred Saddle Brown to the darker Espresso.

·
Super Moderator
2,036 Posts
It could simply be a matter of availability from Porsche's supplier. Recall there's a pandemic going on
that's disrupted supply chains the world over. Things that have "always" been available are "suddenly"
no longer there - and may not be for considerable time.

Just say "thank you" to the Wuhan wet market and the people who demand availability of bush meat - oh, and
the industrial chicken, hog and cattle farmers, who are providing all of the incredibly fertile breeding grounds for
the next species-jumping virus mutations!

Not "if", but when...

:oops:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember seeing saddle brown in 2018. Just ordered my 2021 GTS with Espresso and sapphire blue exterior.
I don't know specifically about calendar year 2018, but when we placed our order for an '18 S in August 2017, it was there. Here's our build:

2018 Porsche Macan S.jpg

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If they have dropped Saddle Brown that's too bad as it makes a beautiful interior. Don't see many of 'em.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If they have dropped Saddle Brown that's too bad as it makes a beautiful interior. Don't see many of 'em.
Maybe it's because I'm an old guy with simple tastes, or maybe because I've never owned a sports car, or who knows, but I'm just not a fan of the two-tone, split-level, interior schemes that most people seem to have with their Macans.

I prefer the monotone (monotonous?) full-leather interior, and I think Porsche ought to offer more, not fewer, color options that can accommodate that kind of interior design.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I prefer the monotone (monotonous?) full-leather interior, and I think Porsche ought to offer more, not fewer, color options that can accommodate that kind of interior design.
Im with you @wspollack. More interior colour options would be a good idea.

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 7 of 7 Posts