Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 2016 Macan S which had the CDR+ audio system. I built a custom subwoofer box and installed the system in my Macan which dramatically improved the quality of the audio system. Please read this thread for a description:

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/electronics/106666-custom-subwoofer-box-amp-installation.html

Included is the custom subwoofer box with JL Audio sub, JL Audio mono amp, and all cables and connectors that were removed when the system was removed from the vehicle. I have approx. $800 in materials alone plus 2 days of labor to build the box.

$1,000 plus actual shipping cost to your zip code. Payment via PayPal friends and family.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need to get this sold. It will really improve your CDR+ system. Priced reduced to $650 plus shipping or if you are nearby you can pick it up.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
@flickroll You did a beautiful job on the building that subwoofer box. For the new members you might want to post those pictures on this thread as I think they might help it sell. Just a thought.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sold my 2016 Macan S which had the CDR+ audio system. I built a custom subwoofer box and installed the system in my Macan which dramatically improved the quality of the audio system. Please read this thread for a description:

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/electronics/106666-custom-subwoofer-box-amp-installation.html

Included is the custom subwoofer box with JL Audio sub, JL Audio mono amp, and all cables and connectors that were removed when the system was removed from the vehicle. I have approx. $800 in materials alone plus 2 days of labor to build the box.

$1,000 plus actual shipping cost to your zip code. Payment via PayPal friends and family.
Where are you located and will this work well in conjunction with the burmeister system or will it make it sound worse since it wasn't designed with the rest of the system?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Is this "easily" installed in the Macan or would it entail a trip to a custom audio shop? Would the install be any different with a Macan with the Bose upgrade?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Virginia. There's a link in the original post showing the work and the result.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this "easily" installed in the Macan or would it entail a trip to a custom audio shop? Would the install be any different with a Macan with the Bose upgrade?
I guess it depends on how mechanically/electrically inclined you are. I don't know know much about the Bose sub so can't help with that question, but it was fairly straight forward with the CD-R system.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you located and will this work well in conjunction with the burmeister system or will it make it sound worse since it wasn't designed with the rest of the system?
Don't know as I built it for a CD-R upgrade. Don't know much about the B system. Having said that, I would think this would dramatically improve the bass in any factory system.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. This custom box will fit in your Macan as if it was built by Porsche. Provides high quality sub performance and you won't be disappointed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts