Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this sub enclosure a few months back, but life got in the way and I never had a chance to install it. I'm now in the process of ordering a 2022 M3, so this needs a good home.

The enclosure was made using 3/4" MDF (glued and nailed) with kerfs filled with fiberglass resin and backed with 2 layers of fiberglass cloth bedded into the resin. It's very solid, and probably bomb proof.

The sub enclosure is nearly complete. The box is made, sealed, and currently painted black. To be truly finished, it would need carpet added and the sub permanently mounted. The box fits under the trunk floor of the Macan with the spare tire in place. Since I never had a chance to connect it, I can't comment on how it sounds or if there are floor rattles or anything like that. Other members have installed subs in the same location with good results (some have raise the trunk floor up 1/4-3/4", but not sure if that is necessary here). For these reasons, the package is being sold as-is with no guarantees on sound or performance.

The sub is the JL 10TW3-D4, which is pretty much the best shallow depth sub you can buy. The amp is the Toro MR2 which is plenty powerful yet very compact. I was planning to mount this to the underside of the sub box, but it could be installed in a number of other locations as well.

Package includes
  • Custom made sub enclosure
  • JL 10TW3-D4 sub
  • Toro MR2 500W amp
  • Amp wiring (power, ground, fuse, etc...)
  • OEM connector and pins for Bose amp plug (for 15-16 models, 17+ may be different)
  • Roll of Polymat speaker box carpet (close match to black Porsche carpet)
  • Can of Polymat 777 spray glue
  • Stainless steel insert kit (inserts, screws, drill bit) for sub mounting
Overall, I have $600-700 invested in hard costs, plus nearly 2 days of time fabricating the box.

Asking $900 + shipping.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you crimp the pins for the bose oem connector?
I have the connector and pins, but these have not yet been assembled.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Going back to the dark side I see 😀

the x competition is a beast…

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going back to the dark side I see

the x competition is a beast…
Ha, yes going back…for now.

I’ve had the Macan just over 2yrs and have an itch for something different. I wanted to make a 911 work, but current pricing is stupid and it’s a little less practical of a car than I need at this point in life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made this sub enclosure a few months back, but life got in the way and I never had a chance to install it. I'm now in the process of ordering a 2022 M3, so this needs a good home.

The enclosure was made using 3/4" MDF (glued and nailed) with kerfs filled with fiberglass resin and backed with 2 layers of fiberglass cloth bedded into the resin. It's very solid, and probably bomb proof.

The sub enclosure is nearly complete. The box is made, sealed, and currently painted black. To be truly finished, it would need carpet added and the sub permanently mounted. The box fits under the trunk floor of the Macan with the spare tire in place. Since I never had a chance to connect it, I can't comment on how it sounds or if there are floor rattles or anything like that. Other members have installed subs in the same location with good results (some have raise the trunk floor up 1/4-3/4", but not sure if that is necessary here). For these reasons, the package is being sold as-is with no guarantees on sound or performance.

The sub is the JL 10TW3-D4, which is pretty much the best shallow depth sub you can buy. The amp is the Toro MR2 which is plenty powerful yet very compact. I was planning to mount this to the underside of the sub box, but it could be installed in a number of other locations as well.

Package includes
  • Custom made sub enclosure
  • JL 10TW3-D4 sub
  • Toro MR2 500W amp
  • Amp wiring (power, ground, fuse, etc...)
  • OEM connector and pins for Bose amp plug (for 15-16 models, 17+ may be different)
  • Roll of Polymat speaker box carpet (close match to black Porsche carpet)
  • Can of Polymat 777 spray glue
  • Stainless steel insert kit (inserts, screws, drill bit) for sub mounting
Overall, I have $600-700 invested in hard costs, plus nearly 2 days of time fabricating the box.

Asking $900 + shipping.
Will this be a plug and play solution if I connect it straight to the BOSE amp?
Or will I need to install the amp to make this setup work?

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The JL sub is going to want more power than the Bose amp can provide.

If you’re going to do it, might as well go all the way. :)

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All PMs replied.

I've had some interest in splitting up the bundle, which I am willing to do if I can find takers for the bigger components first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts