Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are developing some tuning for the new facelifted Macan and after our successful development on the Macan S, we are seeking a Macan Turbo or GTS owner interested in tuning to lend their vehicle. We want to verify on multiple vehicles and also dyno test to validate.

Please PM me if you are interested. We do have some specific requirements so please read below. Due to COVID-19, we are restricting our travel so it will need to be at our new facility.

Vehicle: Must be a 2020+ Macan Turbo or GTS
Duration: We would request the vehicle for 2-3 days to apply the tune, arrange an independent dyno rental, and capture performance metrics. The vehicle will be stored in a climate controlled & secured building overnight.
Scope: We will need to remove the DME from the vehicle to unlock and flash tune the vehicle. We already have base maps developed, so we plan to limit this to only a few runs on the dyno and some data-logging on the street to verify.
Incentive: You get a free tune and if needed we can arrange a loaner or rental vehicle.
FAQ:
  • Will this void my warranty?: In general, Porsche doesn't want anyone changing engine calibrations and an event will be left on the ECU logs, so it will be visible. That being said, we have over 15 years of experience in tuning Porsche vehicles and have never had an issue. We eye on the side of caution and safety versus maximum power.
  • What happens if the dealer updates my DME?: Not a problem, we'll handle any reflashes for free but the DME will need to be removed. It is super simple on the new Macans.
  • What happens if I want to remove the tune? Not a problem, we'll have to remove the DME to revert back to the factory map, but all factory maps will be backed up. We will provide this for free of course.

·
Supporting Vendor
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated and bump for any 2020+ Macan GTS/Turbo owners.

We also have a turbo kit we are working on if that is of interest as well. We have prototyped on the 971 Panamera S that shares the same engine.

Rough expectations:
  • Tune (~500HP)
  • Turbo Upgrade w/ Tune (~625HP)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you guys expecting 625 HP with turbo upgrade from GTS or Turbo or from both? The tuning goes through the Cobb or direct ECU reprogramming. Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi my wife and I just recently got a 2020 Macan Turbo. We replaced a 2016 Macan Turbo that we loved. I was looking at tuning options and there aren't a lot yet due to the newness of the engine. Quick question concerning one of your FAQ's. I realize my warranty would be in jeopardy if Porsche ever saw it had been tuned but do you know if they could still "see" the tune if it had been removed prior to service? Also how do you go about removing and reinstalling the tune? Is it something I could do from home? Does the computer red flag mileage or software changes? I don't live in the area but will be at BikeWeek 2021 in March and would probably have the vehicle with us. Don't know what timeframe you're looking at to procure a vehicle for testing. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi my wife and I just recently got a 2020 Macan Turbo. We replaced a 2016 Macan Turbo that we loved. I was looking at tuning options and there aren't a lot yet due to the newness of the engine. Quick question concerning one of your FAQ's. I realize my warranty would be in jeopardy if Porsche ever saw it had been tuned but do you know if they could still "see" the tune if it had been removed prior to service? Also how do you go about removing and reinstalling the tune? Is it something I could do from home? Does the computer red flag mileage or software changes? I don't live in the area but will be at BikeWeek 2021 in March and would probably have the vehicle with us. Don't know what timeframe you're looking at to procure a vehicle for testing. Thanks
There is an event stored on the ECU so if they were digging around, they could find it. It's certainly a valid concern but in our history, we've never had a warranty claim on an engine related matter for the Macan (or any other vehicle for that matter).

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is an event stored on the ECU so if they were digging around, they could find it. It's certainly a valid concern but in our history, we've never had a warranty claim on an engine related matter for the Macan (or any other vehicle for that matter).
What's the event stored?

I know all the other ecu's complaining about losing connection to DME is a giveaway but if you delete all the faults codes from all the ecu's..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the event stored?

I know all the other ecu's complaining about losing connection to DME is a giveaway but if you delete all the faults codes from all the ecu's..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
There are logs that can't be deleted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts