Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback! For the sceptics, it's an actual video I took with a dashcam with GPS speed measurement, not a video game. A friend just added the graphics at the bottom for fun to cover up the black dash & windshield wiper area.

I have lived both in Germany and the US and can agree with a lot that has been said here: German driver licenses are harder to come by and the road quality is better, but I think we could still have no speed limit highways here in the US. We'd need the same rule as in Germany, though, where you can only pass cars on the left, and better enforcement of the rule that the left lane is only for passing.

Accidents statistics show that high speed on the Autobahn doesn't account for that many deaths or injuries. It's mostly the two-lane country roads (which have speed limits), where people get into oncoming traffic trying to pass or overlook fast approaching cars at intersections.

The biggest thread to no speed limit in Germany comes from the political left, the environmental movement, as gas mileage gets terrible at speeds beyond 100 mph (same reason why federal speed limits were introduced here during the oil crisis in the 70ies). So who knows, someday Germany may have speed limits and the US not.

Also true that there is so much traffic nowadays that going much faster than in the US isn't that typical on the Autobahn anymore:

Thank you for the Video! We (US drivers) could have less incidents and maybe held on to the R&P if the masses took the time to understand proper lane use, maintain some form of edict and were capable of putting down their phone.

Hope your channel has success! I like the no drama enthusiast approach! I'm not a fan of the loud "look at me" videos. Sure they are talking about cars, but I don't want to feel like I'm watching Nickelodeon or BatMan with "PoW" popups and synthesized shock sounds!

What are you driving in these videos?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you for the Video! We (US drivers) could have less incidents and maybe held on to the R&P if the masses took the time to understand proper lane use, maintain some form of edict and were capable of putting down their phone.

Hope your channel has success! I like the no drama enthusiast approach! I'm not a fan of the loud "look at me" videos. Sure they are talking about cars, but I don't want to feel like I'm watching Nickelodeon or BatMan with "PoW" popups and synthesized shock sounds!

What are you driving in these videos?
Thank you for your kind words. Drama gets you more views on YouTube, especially with the millennials, but it's simply not my thing. I just want to share the experience as it really is - not artificially hyped up yelling OMG!

I just caught another 911, this time going fast:

I am driving a BMW 5 series, by the way.

Cheers

21 - 22 of 22 Posts