Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a key (with a dealership tag attached) to a 2020 Macan with last 8 characters of VIN: LLB08953. The dealer where the car was originally listed for sale has not responded. If the owner is here, please feel free to contact me.

Eugene

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I'm assuming that you've called the dealership on the tag? The dealership should be able to track down the vehicle's owner quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not - I sent them an email and they never responded. I then forgot about it until I found the key in my drawer just now. Putting VIN into Google no longer produces the name of the dealership, so I have nobody to call. Any leads are appreciated. Interestingly, I found the key in NY but the dealership - as far as I recall - was somewhere in another state (maybe FL).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just call Porsche Customer Service in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
We've purchased many cars from out of state, so it's not unreasonable that the dealer on the tag would be from elsewhere. I'd suggest you call the dealer or as @NC TRACKRAT indicated, go one better & just call Porsche Customer Svc directly. I expect that the owner of that missing key will be grateful to get it back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
…And they can’t be reprogrammed. I have an unused key (fob) from my old totaled 2018 Macan S. I replaced it with a base model and the dealer told me the key is worthless as it can only be used with the matching vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
My S.O. loses her fancy WRX STI key once a month it seems. Next up she wants my key set. Multiple dollars get exchanged and she has a new key. As soon as I get my key back this occurs again. Same key chain without her considering a different approach. She won't listen to me so what should you tell her to do?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
My S.O. loses her fancy WRX STI key once a month it seems. Next up she wants my key set. Multiple dollars get exchanged and she has a new key. As soon as I get my key back this occurs again. Same key chain without her considering a different approach. She won't listen to me so what should you tell her to do?
Buy one of those Bluetooth gizmos that you put on a key ring (or luggage, etc.), that lets you locate it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did not - I sent them an email and they never responded. I then forgot about it until I found the key in my drawer just now. Putting VIN into Google no longer produces the name of the dealership, so I have nobody to call. Any leads are appreciated. Interestingly, I found the key in NY but the dealership - as far as I recall - was somewhere in another state (maybe FL).
Check in your Sent Items folder for the email you sent. The To: address should remind you of who the dealer was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts