Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took delivery of my '18 Turbo PP last Saturday. I traded in my '17 Macan S. Man what a difference in cars! Where the S was nice and a little nasty, this one is nice and very nasty... I haven't punched it yet, but the little bit of spirited driving I've done has been nothing less than astonishing.

Here is my build sheet:
Sapphire Blue Metallic
Natural Leather Interior in Espresso
Premium Package Plus
SportDesign Package
LED Headlights w/PDLS+
ParkAssist w/Surround View
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass
Roof Rails in Aluminum Finish
SportDesign Side Mirrors
19" Macan Turbo Wheels
Power Seats (14-way)
Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Smoking Package
Dark Walnut Interior Package
Door-Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated
Porsche Connect Plus​

I can't post a pic until I have more posts on this new account apparently... As soon as I'm allowed, I will be posting pics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sweet!!
Did you notice the big difference with the Thermal glass?
I also really like the PSE

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!!
Did you notice the big difference with the Thermal glass?
I also really like the PSE
Thanks. Yes I do notice a lot less road noise. Oh man...the PSE....I scared some kids on the sidewalk when I switched it on and goosed it... >:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brakes look absolutely massive with the 19" wheels. Love it!
Thanks - I wasn't sure about the choice (or lack thereof) of wheels, but it works for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
519 Posts
haha...:laugh:
Congrats! I like the Sapphire Blue, but am still partial to the more subtle Night Blue. How are you liking the new blue vs old?

Also --Love the new user name! I thought you were kidding back when you first mentioned that you need to change your name. Were they not able to just change your user name so that you could retain your past posting history? It looks like you just created a new user.

Enjoy the excessive PP!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! I like the Sapphire Blue, but am still partial to the more subtle Night Blue. How are you liking the new blue vs old?

Also --Love the new user name! I thought you were kidding back when you first mentioned that you need to change your name. Were they not able to just change your user name so that you could retain your past posting history? It looks like you just created a new user.

Enjoy the excessive PP!
Thank you. I know - I liked the NBM color as well, but it was just a bit too dark for my taste. I do like the SBM color. It certainly isn't as subtle.

I couldn't figure out how to change my user name, so it was just easier to create a new user account. It's okay, I had nothing really profound to say that I needed to keep.

Excessive is right. But it still feels like driving my S when not gunning it. I do of course appreciate the immediate throttle response vs. the bit of turbo lag I was feeling in the S under normal driving conditions.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My Shadow Blue GTI was very similar to Porsche's Night Blue. It was gorgeous in the right light with tons of flake in it. My original Macan GTS color choice was Night Blue even though Sapphire Blue was what drew my eye first. I had to switch back to Sapphire Blue as it just so sharp.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Very sharp & well equipped! You didn't leave much out of your build. Congrats & enjoy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very sharp & well equipped! You didn't leave much out of your build. Congrats & enjoy.
Thanks. Just like most of us who build our cars, there was a lot of thought put into each option chosen.

There were a few things I left off, and a few things not everyone would choose. But for my needs and wants, I got exactly what I was looking for. :)

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Thanks - I wasn't sure about the choice (or lack thereof) of wheels, but it works for me.
Car is beautiful. All the best.

As for scaring someone with the PSE, we recently attended a local car show. As we pulled up to the parking lot I opened my window and there was a Ford GT 350 next to me. When he goosed the gas I wanted to get out and put a hurt on him bad. It was the loudest, baddest, most obnoxious sound I’ve ever heard. Literally and figuratively almost popped my ear drums. Thank goodness Porsche isn't like that even with PSE.

Man, would I like one of those GT 350s.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Congrats on your @NeedToGoPP, but those 19" Turbo wheels are a travesty for those NeedToGoBB (big brakes). Rocks, gravels, pebbles on the road, or whatever could become stuck in between the wheel wells and those big brakes and you don't want that to happen:crying:. I think a set of 21" forgers (20"s need not apply) would be nice complement to both the PP and the BB!:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on your @NeedToGoPP, but those 19" Turbo wheels are a travesty for those NeedToGoBB (big brakes). Rocks, gravels, pebbles on the road, or whatever could become stuck in between the wheel wells and those big brakes and you don't want that to happen:crying:. I think a set of 21" forgers (20"s need not apply) would be nice complement to both the PP and the BB!:)
Yup. I have a set of 21"s. I just didn't want to spec a car with the extra cost, when I didn't need to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great looking Macan! I find it odd on the top trim model PP with a starting price of 88K that 19" wheels are standard. Love the Espresso interior don't see it too often.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great looking Macan! I find it odd on the top trim model PP with a starting price of 88K that 19" wheels are standard. Love the Espresso interior don't see it too often.
Thanks. Here's a night shot of the interior. i apologize for the grainy size of the pics. Still trying to figure out how to post pics correctly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
NeedToGoPP
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing