Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Updated availability in original post.

1 set available now

1 set available for reservation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I met up with @MacanCheez yesterday in Batavia NY to pick up my new Spyder rims. He is a very nice young man and extremely pleasant to deal with. Plus he drives a cool Macan Turbo! The snow tires will go on this Wednesday and I can't wait!

John

Reactions: MacanCheez

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I met up with @MacanCheez yesterday in Batavia NY to pick up my new Spyder rims. He is a very nice young man and extremely pleasant to deal with. Plus he drives a cool Macan Turbo! The snow tires will go on this Wednesday and I can't wait!

John
Thanks for the kind review John! It was a pleasure to meet! I think you've convinced me that I need to upgrade from the 14-way to the 18-way seats. Keep us posted with photos once installed! ... Also offer still stands on the trade Turbos for my Sport Classics ;)

·
Registered
2018 Base
37 Posts
I was so close to pulling the trigger yesterday. Have been kicking around these rims in my head ever since I saw your post. But my Macan's handling and ride is so sweet on its 18's. Just got it last month and not ready to risk changing its ride quality. Your rims are so beautiful. Such a temptation! But is it better to have a pretty girl that is frigid in the sack, or a not so pretty one that does everything you want?

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I will say this... Just wait until you feel the experience of driving on 20"s... then you get both in one. The best compromise between comfort, feel, and looks out of all OEM wheels in my opinion.

I came from an Audi S5. The sidewall on the 20's I had there were quite slim in comparison to the 20's, or even the 21" Macan tire. Even the 21" Macan tires are not like "rubber bands" that you see some sports cars rolling on with their 20"+ wheels.

In my experience (I think my car has been on just about every single OEM Macan wheel set at this point):

18's super cushioned, yet "floaty" ride. Confident (it is a Porsche after all), though not super super planted. If you value comfort above all, this is the size for you.
Comfort = 10, Sport = 5

19's
very cushioned ride, not terribly noticeable difference from 18s
Comfort = 9, Sport = 6

20's
Cushioned ride. Still a very tall sidewall for any vehicle. More planted feel, better handling/cornering feel. A very fair compromise.
Comfort = 8, Sport = 7

21"s
"sporty feel" less cushioned (yet I still find it very comfortable), Very noticeable improvement in handling/cornering. If you value a greater sense of a sports car feel, this size is for you.
Comfort = 6, Sport = 9

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I got the Spyder wheels installed with the winter tires today and I really like the satin black look. The installer was impressed with the condition of the wheels. Now no more cheap imports, only OEM!

John

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got the Spyder wheels installed with the winter tires today and I really like the satin black look. The installer was impressed with the condition of the wheels. Now no more cheap imports, only OEM!

John

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing, John!

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Premium Member
2018 Turbo PP, 2018 GTS, 2018 488 GTB
116 Posts
Extraordinary seller whose honesty and integrity is only exceeded by the quality of the items offered for sale. So very pleased with the RS Spyders I purchased.

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Extraordinary seller whose honesty and integrity is only exceeded by the quality of the items offered for sale. So very pleased with the RS Spyders I purchased.
Thanks Joe! Always a pleasure working with you.

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update: I have two sets in for satin black paint now available for reservation.

I also have a 100% factory original finish silver/machined set available as well

All OEM

·
Vendor
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
All black sets are currently sold or pending.

I do have two sets in Silver that I would be willing to have painted or powdercoated, but aiming to sell as-is first

21 - 40 of 40 Posts