101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on what evidence?
I try coldstart, idle with gas on, gear1 low speed moving, pullback after running, i can only find it open. But some one told me it will close when shift up from gear1 to gear2, it seems maybe sense but I didn’t verify it yet

·
Registered
925 Posts
I try coldstart, idle with gas on, gear1 low speed moving, pullback after running, i can only find it open. But some one told me it will close when shift up from gear1 to gear2, it seems maybe sense but I didn’t verify it yet
So, how are you seeing the position of the flap while you are driving? You should go back and read posts #54 and #83.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
when the weather get a bit better, i am going to dis con the passenger side flap.....have to hear this for myself :)
Have OEM PSE btw.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am fairly certain when referring to valve on the passenger side only you are talking stock exhaust and not PSE my understanding of PSE is it has valves on both mufflers along with a little speaker in the spare tire area (not sure if that is true on both Gens). I also do not believe it is vacuum operated I just added an AWE track exhaust and they provided a plug for what looked like an electrical connection to me which would make sense based off of how it operated when I still had it. To that point if you are looking at leaving your valve/flap open you can buy this plug separately from AWE to ensure your connection remains clean. I am fairly certain that flap is closed on startup to attempt to control the volume of the cold start on both the stock exhaust and the PSE exhaust, I know the startup with my exhaust is completely insane.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
V6TT, do you have a p/n or decription for that connector cover ? from AWE ?
thank you

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
thanks !
So this is not just a dummy plug...its a simulator ?
I was going to use it just for protection.....hmmmm.
As i mentioned I have OEM PSE. thanks !

AWE Electronic Valve Simulators
(SKU: 1310-11018)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would check with AWE for sure, I purchased my exhaust from a forum member here and the plug I am referring to did not seem to do anything other than cap it off possibly allowing the circuit to be opened and closed but it sure didn't look like it. It is possible what I have is not the same as what AWE is selling there not sure but if you find out post back!

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
For those that dis connected .....did the butterfly , flap, move around at all....not being energized and all ?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am fairly certain that flap is closed on startup to attempt to control the volume of the cold start on both the stock exhaust and the PSE exhaust
Nope. See post #43.

·
Registered
925 Posts
For those that dis connected .....did the butterfly , flap, move around at all....not being energized and all ?
When I was researching this I had my wife drive the car and I followed behind with her on the phone so I could look down the exhaust pipe and see the behavior of the flap baed on what I was telling her to do. It behaved exactly as depicted in the chart. In first gear it was always open. In general terms, above that it would open whenever she stepped on the gas and close when she let off the gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
However, I am moding my stock muffler with one flap in each side for more sound gain with less drone. Show u guys the stock inside looking.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts