Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does sound better. The car revs easier and when driving that momentary lag is gone. The neighbor next door to where I'm staying has a new Macan and he noticed the sound difference and response right off. We parked both cars together and did back to backs and there is a noticeable difference.

I'm not advocating this as much as I'm just posting my real world results. No codes either. I did plug it back in ;)

>:D

·
Registered
887 Posts
It does sound better. The car revs easier and when driving that momentary lag is gone. The neighbor next door to where I'm staying has a new Macan and he noticed the sound difference and response right off. We parked both cars together and did back to backs and there is a noticeable difference.

I'm not advocating this as much as I'm just posting my real world results. No codes either. I did plug it back in ;)

>:D
Could you be a bit more specific about what you did? Pull the vacuum line and put a plug in it? A picture would be sweet ;)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Could you perhaps take a video of before & after?!?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car runs great. No lag. Much better throttle response.

You can unplug the actuator on the rear passenger side. It has a gray lock tab that you need to pull back just a little bit. It doesn't come all the way out or off. Make sure you zip tie the line out of the way of the muffler.

I've been driving it a lot and it runs great. Better drive ability. I like it a lot and for a free mod in less than 10 min it's nice. But just to be safe, I'm not advocating that you do this. I hooked mine back up ;) ya never know who might be reading this.

:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Isn't Sport Plus mode leave the flap to stay open?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
@Stano, can u take a pick of where the grey lock tab is and how you disable it?

·
Registered
902 Posts
In the x-ray, Joe mentions the "little bit of bypass" via the electrically actuated valve... looks like plenty of bypass to me: Allows the exhaust gases to go straight through the muffler.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a tad late but for what's it worth. The exhaust flap on the far right exhaust tip is controlled electrically. The grey tab mentioned is just above the control cable where it enters to the control module. The tab releases the cable lock mechanism.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
How much of harm this could do to the car? I like the car to stay in morning mode :D
My wife seems to like "morning mode" too >:D

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Anyone else done this? Any adverse affects (find it hard to believe that there would be any).

So what do you do, find the flap on the passenger side and just zip tie it when it opens to something, or manually open it yourself while the car is off (and where is it exactly)? Haven't gotten my car yet so haven't been able to play with it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You don't zip-tie the flap itself, you just unplug the actuator and zip-tie that cable up out of the way. It is just a little electrical connection gizmo. Impossible to miss, it is the only thing plugged into the muffler area back there.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts