Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I never used the trunk open button to close the trunk. Most times I am at the rear ready and just push the trunk close button on the trunk lid.

But this is good to know.

·
Registered
463 Posts
@jzwu, I never thought of it either, however, if you do some type of curb side pick up (softener salt comes to mind or if you have kiddos that need to get something out of the trunk at drop off but cannot reach the hatch close button), then you pull up and you open the trunk from the inside, they load the salt bags, and while they are processing your payment, you go push that button and it closes the trunk...automatically. I think that's cool. I get that anyone other than yourself loading something into your trunk would know to push the close button, but if they do not, then you got it with this automatic close.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Agree. It is good for those kind of situations.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
@jzwu, I never thought of it either, however, if you do some type of curb side pick up (softener salt comes to mind or if you have kiddos that need to get something out of the trunk at drop off but cannot reach the hatch close button), then you pull up and you open the trunk from the inside, they load the salt bags, and while they are processing your payment, you go push that button and it closes the trunk...automatically. I think that's cool. I get that anyone other than yourself loading something into your trunk would know to push the close button, but if they do not, then you got it with this automatic close.
For example just used it the other day picking up a friend curbside at the airport when the airport was extremely busy. Opened the trunk from the driver seat, he threw his bags in, and I closed it as he hopped in the passenger seat. I never left the driver's seat.

Reactions: MacSDan and sergeyb

·
Registered
131 Posts
That brake hold feature is awesome and didn't know about it. Tweaked a back injury with pain that runs down my right leg and this is a lifesaver at long lights. I assume the brake lights remain on when the hold is on but would appreciate if someone would confirm that.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I think the brake lights are on when the brake hold is on.

This feature and the ACC are the 2 features I will have in all of my future cars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That brake hold feature is awesome and didn't know about it. Tweaked a back injury with pain that runs down my right leg and this is a lifesaver at long lights. I assume the brake lights remain on when the hold is on but would appreciate if someone would confirm that.
I’m confirming that the brake lights do stay on when brake hold is engaged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FYI folding mirrors when car is locked is a standard feature in the facelift model (can be enabled/disabled).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was hoping there was a secret way to engage neutral with the paddles in this thread. :cry:
I don't think this is possible, it's not a Ferrari :)
The shift knob would have to be servo-assisted, since a physical action is required to go to neutral.

·
Registered
20 Posts
  • Just found today you can have the Speed Limit info show in your LCD Cluster (Vehicle Info) screen. Very handy a little speed sign shows the speed limit of the road you are on in the bottom right of the display. Automatically changes as you drive on roads with a different speed limit.
Has anyone figured out how to enable this? I don't see it in my Macan 20S Vehicle Info settings anywhere.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to enable this? I don't see it in my Macan 20S Vehicle Info settings anywhere.
No, I can't find a way to do it in my 2019 Macan, either, but the current speed limit (if known to the car's computer) is given on the right side of the full-screen map in the large screen above the gear shifter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was hoping there was a secret way to engage neutral with the paddles in this thread. :cry:
Are you interested in this for the purposes of coasting? On my 2017 Turbo tapping the upshift paddle will engage neutral when auto stop / start is turned on and cruise control is not being used. It doesn’t work when sport or sport+ mode is engaged. I’ve only used it when going down hill to avoid engine braking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is a portable tyre pressure gauge and compressor stashed away in the trunk (left hand side wall) which can be removed to check and pump tyres or spare. It uses the cigarette lighter fitting. Who knew?!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
There is a portable tyre pressure gauge and compressor stashed away in the trunk (left hand side wall) which can be removed to check and pump tyres or spare. It uses the cigarette lighter fitting. Who knew?!
I'm just telling you it is worthwhile to read the manual. We call this RTFM for short.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
65 Posts
Here's a question I haven't seen any answer for yet... When using the Automatic Cruise Control, and you approach a slower car from the rear, the ACC will of course back off the throttle to slow you down gently to the speed of the car ahead. But what about if another car in the next lane then slips in between you? The speed adjustment of the ACC is pretty abrupt, and i suspect the brakes get applied. Which I would guess means the brake lights come on.

Now if I were driving without ACC in that circumstance, I'd just back off the throttle and wouldn't use the brakes unless I absolutely had to.

So if the ACC is using the brakes it just makes it look to the driver behind like I wasn't paying attention. For someone who takes pride in driving smoothly I find the ACC's use of brakes to be annoying. And even on the closest setting, the gap it leaves to the car ahead often results in cars in the next lane slipping into the gap.

So, the question is... is there a way to tell if the ACC is using brakes to slow down or just throttle lift? And if it's using brakes, does that mean the brake lights come on?

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
....So, the question is... is there a way to tell if the ACC is using brakes to slow down or just throttle lift? And if it's using brakes, does that mean the brake lights come on?
The short answer is yes, ACC does apply the brakes in that instance, and the brakes lights do illuminate when ACC is braking. I can't recall offhand which thread covered this topic, but both questions have been discussed previously.

When I'm using ACC, I often keep a finger on the control paddle, so I can pause ACC and then later resume it when another car merges ahead of me. I too would prefer not to have the car behind me seeing my car's brake lights.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
65 Posts
I can't recall offhand which tread covered this topic, but both questions have been discussed previously.
Thanks... I hadn't done a search but now I have, and yes there is a whole thread about ACC that covers these questions and others I had about the ACC/PAS system.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts