Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
So a new one discovered today in my Macan as I finally decided to not continue with Sirius to see if it's really a necessary expense for me.
Everyone is aware of FM HD channels, plenty of them available here in NY.
So I was always curious whenever I did listen to FM why I never noticed HD anywhere, considering every car I drove for the last few years seemed to have that option.
Looking through the manual, the HD just needed to enabled by going through OPTIONS->SET FM->check off that HD button.
And NOW is when I finally noticed that not only do the stations sound better with that HD option, some of those stations get the "Substation" button where List usually appears.

So FM, Turn on HD in Option Set FM, and then cycle through the stations to see which ones have substations. Some are very good and sound just as good as the satellite stations if not better.

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
So a new one discovered today in my Macan as I finally decided to not continue with Sirius to see if it's really a necessary expense for me.
So I was always curious whenever I did listen to FM why I never noticed HD anywhere, considering every car I drove for the last few years seemed to have that option.
Looking through the manual, the HD just needed to enabled by going through OPTIONS->SET FM->check off that HD button.
And NOW is when I finally noticed that not only do the stations sound better with that HD option, some of those stations get the "Substation" button where List usually appears.

So FM, Turn on HD in Option Set FM, and then cycle through the stations to see which ones have substations. Some are very good and sound just as good as the satellite stations if not better.

Good one Zeus - I added it to the list at the beginning of this thread.

;)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I use my cd player frequently. It's disappointing that auto manufacturers think everyone uses an ipod. Well,yet another reason to holdon to my '15 S.

Reactions: Digs

·
Registered
10 Posts
If (while in Auto) you temporarily use the paddles to downshift and then want to put it back into Auto you really have 2 options: Pull the + paddle for 1 second and it reverts to Auto. Do nothing and simply wait 5 seconds and it reverts back to Auto by itself.
Heck if this works for me. 2017 GTS. I saw someone posted in this thread that it didn’t work for them either but they didn’t follow up. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts

I wonder why HD would be an option in the settings... Is there a downside to having HD turned on? If there is no downside, it's bizarre that it would be an option, unless I'm missing something...

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you have set the speed limit warning(s), you then exceed this and the warning pops up on your screen it will disappear itself when you slow to about 7 kms slower than the setting, or you can turn the screen view off by clicking the steering wheel button on the rhs of wheel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why does this not work for me? (2018 Macan)

While shifting with your shift paddles, you can go to Automatic with just holding the + shift paddle for 1 sec, instead of changing it with the stick. If (while in Auto) you temporarily use the paddles to downshift and then want to put it back into Auto you really have 2 options: Pull the + paddle for 1 second and it reverts to Auto

·
Registered
462 Posts
+ Trunk Open button on the driver door Opens the rear hatch (obvious), but if you press it again when the hatch is open, then it will automatically Close it.

This was clearly in the manual but I just learned it. I have not seen it mentioned on this list and decided to add it since that was not obvious to me. New Cayennes have dedicated Trunk Open and Close buttons on the driver door panel. That triggered me to investigate our Macan.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts