Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

· Registered
Macan S 2023
12 Posts
Bison , Mark - any updates on if the Camera is the cause ?
Hi Jim, I believe it was the faulty wire or radar frequencies of the camera sensor in my case. Just FYI, I was using this thread/discussion post for general guide but my camera was different(VIOFO). I switched to a different camera and used a new wire and haven't had the issue since then.

· Registered
28 Posts
The installer seems to have resolved the interference issues with the door lock/unlock and the FM stations. A couple of the AM stations still have a slight static/ringing sound, but it's much better than it was before and is tolerable. They told me they moved the cable further away from the rear camera, which seems to have improved the issue. It seems like if you are connecting to the dome light rather than the fusebox, you won't have these issues.

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
210 Posts
In the old days you used to wrap a couple of magnets along the wire :oops:

· Registered
2022 Macan
147 Posts
In this Audi Sedan FitcamX Front/Rear Camera Installation Video the installation person is running the fuse panel power wire down the driver's side and running the rear camera wire down the passenger side.

That is the method I am using to install my system.

The huge physical separation of the power wires from the camera wires will have the best / easiest result on unwanted interference.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts