Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
I'm getting a professional to install it for me in two weeks by connecting to the fusebox. Please note that the dashcam will NOT operate continuously while the car is off (i.e., the camera will not always be actively recording). It has "parking mode", which means that the dashcam will start to record when a collision happens.

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
210 Posts
Those who have fitted the front camera with only the upper console power connected, any updated feedback on how its working? Thx.

· Registered
89 Posts
Those who have fitted the front camera with only the upper console power connected, any updated feedback on how its working? Thx.
It's working great. I don't even notice that anything changed or there's a dash cam there, which was the main point of installing this dash cam for me. No power or battery issues if that's what you're asking.

· Registered
89 Posts
Dougee
When connected to the console power, does it activate when there is a hit to the car when the car is turned off, say for example if someone hits your parked car ?
You need the fuse hook up for that to work (park mode). The cam loses power several minutes after you turn your car off, stays off, and won't turn back on until you turn your car back on again.

· Registered
28 Posts
Anyone notice AM/FM radio static or interference after having this dashcam installed? I had a professional install it by connecting to the fusebox and now notice that the regular stations that I listen to have periodic interference and one AM station has so much static that I can't listen to it anymore. I'm getting the installer to take a look at it this week, but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue or knows what could be causing it.

· Registered
2022 Macan
147 Posts
My 100% speculation based on the reported problem is the camera power supply might have insufficient filtering to properly contain conducted emissions from getting onto the vehicle's wiring harness, or it might have a poor implementation of the design and layout to properly prevent radiated emissions from interfering w/ other vehicle systems, like the radio.

There are tests and measurements that would identify the problem source.

· Registered
28 Posts
I tried switching off the camera, and with that, the parking mode and left the fuse taps in place. It returned the range of the remote to pre-dashcam range so it does point towards the hard wiring draining the current or affecting the range.
This is an interesting thought. I turned off the wifi and the issue persists. My next step is to change fuse site and see if it goes away. If not perhaps the camera is not a good fit for the car.
I also noticed a similar issue as you. It takes longer to lock/unlock the car now by touching the door handle on the driver's side compared to pre-dashcam (the other doors seem fine). Did you end up changing the fuse site to see if the issue goes away? If so, which fuse did you use?

· Registered
422 Posts
I also noticed a similar issue as you. It takes longer to lock/unlock the car now by touching the door handle on the driver's side compared to pre-dashcam (the other doors seem fine). Did you end up changing the fuse site to see if the issue goes away? If so, which fuse did you use?
I tried switching off the camera, and with that, the parking mode and left the fuse taps in place. It returned the range of the remote to pre-dashcam range so it does point towards the hard wiring draining the current or affecting the range.
Bison , Mark - any updates on if the Camera is the cause ?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts