Porsche Macan Forum banner

First Porsche after looking at the Macan for many years

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Ricky Rocket 
#1 ·
Finally decided to jump into the Macan world, Ever since the first Macan came out I wanted one. Never tought I would actually buy one. When time came to look for a replacement of the BMW X3 2011 I started looking at 2021 X3, Q5, SQ5 and X60. Since both my wife and I always said Macan was too expensive. One night I decided to bring my wife for a test drive of the Macan so we can get this car out of ouf head as not that great and move on to the X3 or Q5. Well that didn’t go as expected cause we just loved this car too much and couldn’t buy anything else. We did test drive the X3 and Q5 right after the Macan and just kept looking for reasons not to buy them. So we finally made the jump and ordered a 2021 Base Macan Night Blue with 20 Turbo Wheels, premium plus package, heateable windscreen, ACC and other goodies. A few minutes ago I received confirmation of the final configuration and a delivery date of Jan 22, 2021.

It’s not a GTS or a Turbo, and not even an S but I am quite sure we will enjoy as the daily driver. The wait is going to be long but will be worth it. The Nokian winter tires and 18 inches Wheels are already ordered.

#5 ·
Truth be told, they are all great models. The pure intellect side of me realizes that an optioned out Base is all I “need”. But as my current acquisition , a 2021 GTS, is likely the last new car I buy, I went whole hog. Other than one time to see what it does, i will not routinely use the performance enhancements the GTS provides. I even opted for PTV as well as SC. I joked with my dealer that I was optioning the car for it’s next owner. I think you will be thrilled with your new car. Brain over emotion. That is not to say I don’t smile when I look at and drive mine, I do, so, enjoy.

#7 · (Edited)
Congrats, you will love it. My story was similar, having Mercedes GLK and GLC, needing slightly larger vehicles for family. The Macan is a better driving experience and just plain fun. I use it as designed for "utility" having been up into the mountains a couple of times now on some rougher roads and light snow, better ground clearance than MB's. It is also a daily driver and grocery hauler.

The base engine is great. More balance and is 190+ lbs less over the front tires. It gets better mileage than rated, and is much faster than older base Porsches, fast enough unless a person is into stoplight drag racing.

#12 ·
Congratulations on your order! The poor X3 and Q5 didn't stand a chance against the Macan.

Can't wait to see pictures once she finally arrives.

#13 ·
Congratulations.

I joined here in 2016 and didn't buy a Macan until summer of 2020. Night Blue Metallic, btw. 😁

Premium Plus and my favorite wheels. I couldn't be happier. Sport mode on a twisty road has plenty of get up and go.

Pics as soon as you can, please. 📸(y)

#14 ·
Just got a call tout confirm the Macan is on it’s way to Halifax on the Viking Queen (ETA Jan 7). We actually might get delivery before Jan 22nd original date.

Need advise on extended 2 year warranty. I never took this on any other car I bought so most probably will pass on it. Cost is $3 495 CAD but I suspect it can be discussed. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.