Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Macan is coming up on first year of ownership but only has about 2300 miles. Getting the oil change alert on the dash but seems too early with only 2300 miles? Advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Macan is coming up on first year of ownership but only has about 2300 miles. Getting the oil change alert on the dash but seems too early with only 2300 miles? Advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A car with low miles still require maintenance . Belts can crack. Oil can take on fuel and moisture when sitting undriven. Brakes also take on moisture . Plus its good to have a certified technician (unless one is car savvy himself) peek at the engine for any hidden leak potential. It has to be done .

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
59 Posts
My one-year from in-service date is coming up in a couple months and by that time I will have done only about 4K miles. I know the service alert will come on and I'll have to get the oil change done.

My question... some vehicles have a special break-in additive in the factory fill of oil... and changing too soon can be detrimental to the break-in process. I asked the SA at the dealer if this was the case with Porsche and he didn't think so. Do any forum members have any info to share about that?

I don't mind doing the one-year change at 4K miles as long as there's no downside. I suppose the downside of NOT doing it would be worse, given that annual oil changes are a warranty requirement.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, they come from the factory with regular oil, no additives or anything added.
At least Porsche never used anything like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts