Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Macan lovers, wanted to see if you could provide me with some input, i searched the forum but nothing recent came up on this top, so i am due for the 15 k oil change, and i am hearing many mixed reviews, as in take it to Porsche and pay an inflated price, or go to a certified Porsche shop and get it much cheaper, any experience, any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated in advance :) :x

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey fellow Macan lovers, wanted to see if you could provide me with some input, i searched the forum but nothing recent came up on this top, so i am due for the 15 k oil change, and i am hearing many mixed reviews, as in take it to Porsche and pay an inflated price, or go to a certified Porsche shop and get it much cheaper, any experience, any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated in advance :) :x
First I would check with your dealership if you have a free service or not.

From what I have previously read; call around to several Porsche dealerships in your area (if your lucky to have more than 1) for pricing. I would use various pricing differences if you schedule an appointment with your dealership. I am more inclined to have my first service done by the dealer than a 3rd party as they will check and perform any system updates needed, etc. I would also reach out to ether your SA or people in this forum for recommendations for a good independent in your area. I am over 1 hr away from my dealer and my SA has suggested 2 indie's to use that have excellent knowledge of Macans. I plan to use an indie shop for general work (brakes, etc). Note that indie shops will probably not provide a loaner car so either you have to plan ride or rental...

·
Registered
497 Posts

@MacanGirl89 Where are you located? If in Oakville, go talk to the folks at Mantis ....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im located in wood bridge area, i called pfaff they said express service for the first 15 k is 410 plus tax, its just an oil change, filter change, and thats it!

·
Registered
497 Posts
im located in wood bridge area, i called pfaff they said express service for the first 15 k is 410 plus tax, its just an oil change, filter change, and thats it!
Not sure, but Pfaff to me always seemed a little more expensive for everything. I don't remember paying that much for my 911 when serviced at Downtown or Oakville Porsche. For my Macan, I got the 3 service package (ripoff), so don't know what the 'new' price will be.

Personally, I like bringing my cars back to Porsche for servicing so Porsche has full records in case someone cares when I sell. However, I've used Mantis for aftermarket 'stuff'.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure, but Pfaff to me always seemed a little more expensive for everything. I don't remember paying that much for my 911 when serviced at Downtown or Oakville Porsche. For my Macan, I got the 3 service package (ripoff), so don't know what the 'new' price will be.

Personally, I like bringing my cars back to Porsche for servicing so Porsche has full records in case someone cares when I sell. However, I've used Mantis for aftermarket 'stuff'.
i spoke to north york the other day and they said it was 495, as well as downtown and oakville are too far,

they booked me in for thurs

if i find a better option before then i will cancel if not then not,

im sure there has to be experienced techs who service Porsches for oil and filter changes for half the cost,

i agree when it comes to something specific its always best to go to the dealer, but for something as common and standard as this,,,

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine is in for 15k service tomorrow DT, price is $489.

Also getting my winters put on since I'm already there, that's another $250.

Yeah I could be doing alot of other things for 850$, like buying Xmas presents....sorry kids!

edit: Price will vary base/S+GTS/Turbo according to how much oil is needed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i could buy a nice gift for myself at 850, hahahaha

Mine is in for 15k service tomorrow DT, price is $489.

Also getting my winters put on since I'm already there, that's another $250.

Yeah I could be doing alot of other things for 850$, like buying Xmas presents....sorry kids!

edit: Price will vary base/S+GTS/Turbo according to how much oil is needed

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If in Toronto area go to Sportscar Boutique (.com). Ilker runs a fantastic Porsche shop. He races Porsches on the official circuit and his wife also owns a Macan GTS which I'm sure his shop services themselves. So they are familiar with the vehicle. Save yourself a couple of hundred bucks + tax on an oil change.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
If it’s not free (it is on 2018’s) then reputable and certified indie all the way. Unless you like spending $400+ on something someone else can do exactly as well for $200.

Only time I go to the dealer for servicing is when they provide aggressive coupons.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I'm with @K-A : find thyself a good indie. Ask around or come over this way (road trip!) & visit my guy. As an aside, it's going in to him this week to have lowering springs installed. Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts