Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Starting to think about how I'm going to pay for the vehicle, now that its only a couple of weeks away

My SA, and the finance bloke, told me no one really GFV's Porsches... I've been a big fan of GFV with my previous BMW's - the feeling of not being locked in beyond a timeframe, and being able to return the car is hugely appealing to me. Do people really not do this with Porsches? Is it because they hold their value that much more?

Otherwise I'm happy to tip in as much cash as needed to hit a monthly payment point.. and happy to have a reasonably sized balloon.

What is everyone else doing?

· Premium Member
2018 Macan SE
99 Posts
I believe it just comes down to Porsche not offering good deals on it. Especially now with the used car market pricing dealers are now keen to current residual value.

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
hey mate , I am in Aus too , we did a regular loan since we keep our cars for 7+ years . I did the same for our 3 series and will continue to do it . I find that all other options seems to fall short when it comes to long term ownerships . Lease is another option but its a lifestyle , you keep certain amount on the side for Cars and that's it - no ownership but flexibility . you cannot modify even cosmetically (e.g. callipers or trip paint ) .

I ended up with a 5 years @ 4% with no balloon for Macan S (i bought MY18 20K on clock ), I paid the money from my last car sale as deposit and rest financed . my Strat has worked for me , I pay my loan at 2.5 years to 3 years mark regardless .

It is very situational so I would suggest to shop around for loans if that's the way you decide to go , ROI is low right now . My length of ownership is 7-8 years for new\newish car .

Paying cash is the worst idea ever , I would not recommend it . get a loan if you can and Pay monthly , Put that cash in an secure ETF and you will end up better .

just my 2 cents .

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
I didn't mean to bash the idea cash buying , its just my opinion . I am happy that you are blessed enough to do it but not everyone is .

American economy works very different to other economies in the world . Perhaps it makes more sense in American market but not so much in others .

cash , lease , loan all are different strats for different type of consumer . so all good as long as it works for you .

· Registered
Macan GTS 2022
100 Posts
I didn't mean to bash the idea cash buying , its just my opinion . I am happy that you are blessed enough to do it but not everyone is .

American economy works very different to other economies in the world . Perhaps it makes more sense in American market but not so much in others .

cash , lease , loan all are different strats for different type of consumer . so all good as long as it works for you .
Yes, it all depends what you can do with that money in the meantime. If the interest is lower than what you can gain by investing that money, than go for it.
Unfortunately, most people can't afford and just get in debts, if that's the case, it's better to just pay it cash.

I paid mine cash, I like having that freedom.

Cheers

· Registered
18 Posts
hey mate , I am in Aus too , we did a regular loan since we keep our cars for 7+ years . I did the same for our 3 series and will continue to do it . I find that all other options seems to fall short when it comes to long term ownerships . Lease is another option but its a lifestyle , you keep certain amount on the side for Cars and that's it - no ownership but flexibility . you cannot modify even cosmetically (e.g. callipers or trip paint ) .

I ended up with a 5 years @ 4% with no balloon for Macan S (i bought MY18 20K on clock ), I paid the money from my last car sale as deposit and rest financed . my Strat has worked for me , I pay my loan at 2.5 years to 3 years mark regardless .

It is very situational so I would suggest to shop around for loans if that's the way you decide to go , ROI is low right now . My length of ownership is 7-8 years for new\newish car .

Paying cash is the worst idea ever , I would not recommend it . get a loan if you can and Pay monthly , Put that cash in an secure ETF and you will end up better .

just my 2 cents .
Mind if I ask which lender is this? And they applying any penalty for early payment, as you said paying off in 2-3 years?

· Registered
Macan S MY18
87 Posts
@_T_ Sure mate , Police credit Union . there policies are good , no penalty for early pay off and Interest rates are very competitive. If I remember correctly no ongoing account keeping fee's either . feel free to DM if you need more info .

· Registered
1 Posts
Porsche does have a price tag that not every well-off person can afford. So it seems to me that they should start changing their pricing policy. For example, they can create cheaper models but of no less quality. Or for their customers to provide favorable credit terms for both sides. Then I think the demand for this car will increase dramatically. This is practiced by many real estate agents when they want to sell a home at a better rate. However, even in this case, you should be careful not to fall for a scam. You can use Mortgage Broker Croydon to do this. I think there are experts of a similar level among those involved in the sale of cars.

· Registered
34 Posts
Porsche does have a price tag that not every well-off person can afford. So it seems to me that they should start changing their pricing policy. For example, they can create cheaper models but of no less quality. Or for their customers to provide favorable credit terms for both sides. Then I think the demand for this car will increase dramatically. This is practiced by many real estate agents when they want to sell a home at a better rate. However, even in this case, you should be careful not to fall for a scam. You can use Mortgage Broker Croydon to do this. I think there are experts of a similar level among those involved in the sale of cars.
Porsche don't make models for the masses, they build cars according to the orders they receive from customers. That's why you can order your Porsche to be built to your individual preferences, within reason. Consequently, Porsche won't be building cheaper models any time soon. That is the role of Toyota, Hyundai, GM and Ford, et al. Commensurately, don't expect Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce or Bentley to start building cheaper models!

· Registered
1 Posts
Is it because they hold their money. Porsches are not considered the kind of car you can buy once every few years. Many car dealerships are used to BMW owners buying and selling these cars as insurance and can take advantage. Even a used car will be easier and faster to sell than a Porsche. Because the brand positions itself as a benchmark for quality, speed and prestige, many refuse to do deals like other dealerships. So keep that in mind when buying parts and repairs. I too consulted Mortgage Advice Sheffield located before buying a car, but I had no thoughts of how I would pay the loan a couple of weeks before getting the car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts