Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another happy customer of RADHAUS. Purchased these wheels from him over the winter and just got around to installing them. They are flawless and exactly as described. I gave them a good bath and coated with AMMO Gelee Pro Wheel & Metal Coat. Now I just need to do something about that wheel gap. I'm undecided if I should go with just springs or do full coilovers. Thoughts are welcome and I know there are plenty of threads out there. Cheers

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Looking good enjoy the summer runs and Trips.

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
Wow!!! Gaposis!

coilovers. Definitely.

Shorter springs by themselves will lower it (of course), however the ride will be considerably harsher. The
coilovers will provide you with both compression and rebound adjustability. They're a big improvement over
going sport shocks with sport springs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
When you say radhaus, is that a member here or a company that sells wheels? I’m guessing the former as they look like OEM wheels. Car looks great. I am surprised there is such a large gap. Do you have AS? Is that a turbo? There are inexpensive and easy ways to lower AS with lowering links.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say radhaus, is that a member here or a company that sells wheels? I’m guessing the former as they look like OEM wheels. Car looks great. I am surprised there is such a large gap. Do you have AS? Is that a turbo? There are inexpensive and easy ways to lower AS with lowering links.
Yes, Radhaus is a member/vender on the forum. He has a section in the vender sub-forum. They are OEM wheels.

It is a turbo but I don’t have air suspension. Bought it CPO two years ago and AS was one of the few options it doesn’t have.

·
Vendor
479 Posts
@CT-Macan Looking great! Glad to see you're enjoying them. I added another set to my inventory and now I'm VERY tempted to put them on my own Turbo. Thanks for the kind review.

I've had cars lowered on springs, others on coils. Either can feel similar depending on what specific product you choose. I haven't put springs on a Macan, but I know a number of folks here have. It might be worth asking around/digging up old threads on the subject as Springs will ultimately be your most cost effective option. Springs likely make the original shocks and struts wear out faster. Once you're in a position to replace those, I'd go full coilover kit. While coilovers are 5-10x the cost of springs, it really is hard to beat a solid, adjustable coilover such as the KW V3 or Bilstein PSS10s where you can really fine tune the dampening to your specific preference... Or nothing wrong with just starting with coils and calling it a day.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
These look great! Like them so much that I just purchased the same set from RADHAUS (the extra one he had)... :)

I'll post my photos as soon as I receive and mount them.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These look great! Like them so much that I just purchased the same set from RADHAUS (the extra one he had)... :)

I'll post my photos as soon as I receive and mount them.
Congrats! My wheel gap has settle some but would still like to lower it. It will be nice to see how yours look with the air suspension.

·
Vendor
479 Posts
Congrats! My wheel gap has settle some but would still like to lower it. It will be nice to see how yours look with the air suspension.
I couldn’t resist. Should’ve washed my Macan first though:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
For those of you waiting for my photos (and BTW… kudos to @RADHAUS, as he continues to deliver 5-star service. These wheels are practically new. But this is not my review, I’ll post a separate review and more photos in a new thread - so this is just a preview).

My Macan is lowered 40mm from factory preset (for a Macan S). It also has 12mm spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front.

And BTW… is settled, the 95B.2 turbo wheels look much better with a silver Macan than with any other color…☺😉. Of course, I’m just kidding, but they do look fantastic.

Thanks again Josh! What you do for this community is extraordinary…

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts