Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I love it! (Likely because it is close to my 2017 GTS except I went with the body coloured wheels). I see you went with the surface coated brakes; I was tempted for the 2021, especially with the white wheels. I’d be interested to hear how differently they perform.

Very nice!

Reactions: ap997s

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks great. Congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it! (Likely because it is close to my 2017 GTS except I went with the body coloured wheels). I see you went with the surface coated brakes; I was tempted for the 2021, especially with the white wheels. I’d be interested to hear how differently they perform.

Very nice!
Thanks . . . .
Surface coated brakes are standard on the Macan Turbo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I'm curious....regarding covid - what safety precautions were in place? Were you satisfied?
All dealership employees were wearing masks and the sales representative didn't touch the car upon delivery. The techs doing the pre-delivery prep were also wearing masks and vinyl gloves. Other then that no special procedures were noted or observed. Of course I had to sign a bunch of documents w/ their pen. They had sanitary hand lotion dispensers scattered through out the facility. I wore a mask as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
All dealership employees were wearing masks and the sales representative didn't touch the car upon delivery. The techs doing the pre-delivery prep were also wearing masks and vinyl gloves. Other then that no special procedures were noted or observed. Of course I had to sign a bunch of documents w/ their pen. They had sanitary hand lotion dispensers scattered through out the facility. I wore a mask as well.
How fascinating, and I guess it depends on the severity of cases in your location - safety always comes first! Congrats again, enjoy in fantastic health!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How fascinating, and I guess it depends on the severity of cases in your location - safety always comes first! Congrats again, enjoy in fantastic health!
I see you're from Australia. Your 'lockdown' rules I believe are possibly more severe than here in the US (California). Our family in Victoria (Melbourne, Apolo Bay, etc) tells us Victoria is really shut tight. Our friends up in Queensland (Brisbane & Surfers Paradise) not so much. Stay well and enjoy the Macan when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new turbo. I know that you are going to Enjoy every mile you drive

·
Registered
352 Posts
I see you're from Australia. Your 'lockdown' rules I believe are possibly more severe than here in the US (California). Our family in Victoria (Melbourne, Apolo Bay, etc) tells us Victoria is really shut tight. Our friends up in Queensland (Brisbane & Surfers Paradise) not so much. Stay well and enjoy the Macan when it arrives.
You are spot on my friend! Alas, it's true - I'm in Melbourne and we're in complete lockdown. In fact, the government tightened restrictions yesterday - we now have a curfew. They're making further announcements today about how it will affect business - I'm praying that car dealerships remain an essential service as my Macan is literally arriving at the docks next week. Time will tell!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice . . . Congrats. I thought I might go Chalk as well but decided on the metallic white. I thought it just looked a bit crispier in white. Are those carbon side bars? I just put on about 200 miles and the white calipers are still clean. Amazing brakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, they are the high gloss black. I couldn't justify the cost of the carbon given it's harder to tell between that and gloss black unless you are up close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really Pretty. I have a 2015 Macan (23K). Noticed that the Sport and Sport+ buttons aren't on your console. How do you now switch modes?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts