Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
333 Posts
Nice build. When I found out that the dealer would give me $80K for my Carmine Red 2020 GTS, I ordered a 2022 for the added HP and to get the things I wish I had gotten: PTV+ & sports chrono. I tow a dirt bike and rack my mountain bike, so the hitch was a no brainer.

I cannot recommend the ACC enough for the auto emergency braking as well as the cruising convenience. Mine came on twice since I owned it (I don’t tailgate). The first time I was already braking when the alarm sounded because someone stopped short. But the second time was on a wet road when the car in front of me stopped HARD. It took me just milliseconds to get on the brake, but in that time the system had already applied the brakes and I felt the antilock pulse as my foot contacted the brake pedal. In other words, it reacts faster than a human, which can mean the difference between a very hard stop and a hard stop + crash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So,

I wanted to put off creating a thread like this till the very end so that I can do as much research about understanding the various options on my own. Several reviews that have come out in the last few weeks have been really helpful. I put down a $2500 deposit 9/20/21. I was 4th on the list at my local deal. In Nov, they only got 3 allocations. That bumped me to no. 1 spot for the next round (which I was expecting to be around early Feb 2022). Luckily my SA, contacted me this morning that my allocation was put in the system today. I have two weeks before the lock (I don't know if Porsche released new spots, or if I am just getting bumped up).

Either way I am happy. I am going in to speak with my SA in person to over all the process. I wanted to get some inputs from you all to be prepared for that discussion. We agreed MSRP so I am hoping I will get some sort of buyers order with that being stated etc. (is that reasonable to expect at this stage... Since I have it in emails but nothing formal). They said deposit is non-refundable after order locks (that part makes sense).

This is my first Porsche, so I am really counting on the folks on this thread to help me pick the essential options. Here is my final code (I have had some many permutations, I actually have an excel file on my computer :) The basic theme is perf. and some cosmetic choices. My weekend car is a honda s2000. This would be the "family car". I work from home so I don't commute. I was comparison shopping the G80 M3 xdrive but I can't get over the face. I also was looking at 718 GTS 4.0 to replace my S2000. The Macan GTS fits both requirements (and I get to keep my S2000).

Build Code: PNWQQ2B7

1. Summary for those not bothering to look through:
  2. Carmine Red
  3. Full Black Leather Interior (really wanted the Bordeaux red, but it clashes with my exterior color choice)
  4. Bordeaux Red Seat Belts
  5. 18 way sport seats
  6. GT Heated Steering wheel
  7. Prem Plus
  8. Sports Chrono
  9. 21 GT design wheels in Satin (still debating these over stock black ones - which look nice enough but I am not a black wheels person) wondering if I should spend this money on PTV+ (After reading 12 page thread, still not sure if I need it for daily driving)
  10. PEC Atlanta Delivery
Total with Tax is right at $100K (My goal was not to exceed 80 :ROFLMAO:)

The only option I am not so sure about still is the GT wheels (wondering if I should just save money for wheel and tire insurance). I do want to get PPF as soon after delivery as possible. Since I am doing PEC, I am wondering if getting Porsche to do it would make sense. I am also wondering if I can ask them not to take off all the delivery protection stuff so I can drive the car back home from Atlanta (not sure if PEC would allow that).

One thing I would like to understand is delivery timing. I know everyone's situation is different and covid doesn't help but assuming my order locks last week of Jan. When can I expect the car to be built, delivered to port in USA and the what would be an educated guess for PEC (how long a window do they give you to pick a date?). My SA said PEC Atlanta adds 3 weeks. I am based out of Nothern VA. I am trying to actually take delivery of the car after April 15th (so that most of salt is gone - we only get occasional snow). Also I am traveling abroad in March and I don't want the car to get there before I return from my trip.

I welcome all suggestions. Thanks in advance. I can't believe I am here already, so excited. Next few months are going to be tough, but at least stop second guessing and torturing myself on the config. portal.
Hi, I recently ordered a 22 S and I too, went back and forth over and over about wheels. Finally chose these. Less busy, accentuate the callipers and will be a dream to maintain! Cheers!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
333 Posts
Hi, I recently ordered a 22 S and I too, went back and forth over and over about wheels. Finally chose these. Less busy, accentuate the callipers and will be a dream to maintain! Cheers! View attachment 250368
Sweet! I take it you didn’t like the color matched version of those rims. I think they look sweet ON DARK CARS. 😊 Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Final Build sheet. Only thing I keeping going back and forth over still are the GT wheels. Fortunately, there is a stop order on those. My SA says it will delay the shipment by several months. I will see if they situation changes before my lock date. Otherwise, this is it! Thanks for all the help boys...

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

41 - 45 of 45 Posts