Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I am heavily leaning towards Carmine red with GTS interior package + stock satin wheels...That was always my second config... Some of the comments in the thread have confirmed my bias. I agree, if going GTS and Carmine red why not commit all the way...

I have seen the GTS interior package in person, both full leather and RaceTex (I am not going for the later because of... kids a wife who loves glittery cosmetics). Both look amazing but full leather will be my pick. Well worth skipping PDLS+,Cooled Seats and Heated rears (which it comes down to in my build).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
New and "improved" build. At the end I decided to favor cosmetic options over perf. which are plenty in the GTS as default. If it isn't obvious I am not big on comfort and assistance options.

PNE2GQA8

Carmine Ext w GTS interior Package in Carmine Red (TaceTex Delete). Not sure if it is possible to get RaceTex with steering wheel and shifter in leather still. I might consider that. It seems to be the case in pic below.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

18 way spots seats
GTS steeringwheel
Black Aluminum trim (stock)
Satin black spyder w AS tires (stock)
pano roof
Bose
sports chrono
parking assistant (to makes he console more symmetric - not that I care about parking assistant). Still wonder if I should swap with LCA (more useful to some extent - even though I never relied on it). I am used to using my side mirrors, the old fashioned way... :)
PEC delivery

Question: I have asked this on other threads but heated seats upfront are standard right (still not sure why GTS Interior with leather conflicts with cooled seats). Also the PDLS (non +) still swivel with steering wheel right? (+ adds dynamics beams and junction assistant I believe). Anything cosmetically different about the those two...

Again thanks all for your inputs. I figured I'd take the lime light to get as many questions answered as I could.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
New and "improved" build. At the end I decided to favor cosmetic options over perf. which are plenty in the GTS as default. If it isn't obvious I am not big on comfort and assistance options.

PNE2GQA8

Carmine Ext w GTS interior Package in Carmine Red (TaceTex Delete). Not sure if it is possible to get RaceTex with steering wheel and shifter in leather still. I might consider that. It seems to be the case in pic below.
View attachment 250089

18 way spots seats
GTS steeringwheel
Black Aluminum trim (stock)
Satin black spyder w AS tires (stock)
pano roof
Bose
sports chrono
parking assistant (to makes he console more symmetric - not that I care about parking assistant). Still wonder if I should swap with LCA (more useful to some extent - even though I never relied on it). I am used to using my side mirrors, the old fashioned way... :)
PEC delivery

Question: I have asked this on other threads but heated seats upfront are standard right (still not sure why GTS Interior with leather conflicts with cooled seats). Also the PDLS (non +) still swivel with steering wheel right? (+ adds dynamics beams and junction assistant I believe). Anything cosmetically different about the those two...

Again thanks all for your inputs. I figured I'd take the lime light to get as many questions answered as I could.
I want you to know that I am a huge fan of Race Tex but I am crossing party lines to give the stamp of approval of your choice of the weather in an effort to avoid the nightmare of the Bordeaux seatbelt possibility.

It’s going to be a really beautiful car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is my build if you want to cross compare. I've never been a fan of Bordeaux Red and it clashes with Carmine Red.

Yes, going with the GTS Interior package you lose ventilated seats. I have a Macan 2016 with ventilated seats and I've really only used them a handful of times.

GTS - Build

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here is my build if you want to cross compare. I've never been a fan of Bordeaux Red and it clashes with Carmine Red.

Yes, going with the GTS Interior package you lose ventilated seats. I have a Macan 2016 with ventilated seats and I've really only used them a handful of times.

GTS - Build
Thats a really nice build. Is there any option you did not select? :)

I really entertained the idea of dark color, because I am not a huge fan of all the front plastic. However I have had many black and grey cars before. Although I'll admit the carmine red GTS interior goes great with a blue.. more so that the blue or grey stitching in my opinion. Very classy. Wanted to take chance with a red this time. Even though it looks a little bit pretend 911... I like it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just to provide another data point. I picked up my ‘21 GTS a little over a week ago. It is Carmine red and I was going back and forth on the GTS interior package. At the end of the day, I actually ordered the premium package + extended black leather interior, then I added red deviated stitching.

Basically making my own special “GTS”interior package that takes into account of the premium package bundle (mostly because I wanted the ventilated seats). But the deviated stitching really makes the interior more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went through some of the same debates on features and colors for my Carmine build, given the limitations of the various packages. I decided to go with the GTS interior as it looks awesome and unique. I agree the Bordeaux doesn't go well with the Carmine exterior but like some color to break up the black Here is my build Carmine Porsche Code

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@speedrx ... very interesting build. I considered the same wheels too. I also plan to get the red GTS badges but those are $30 on the internet and I plan to re-wrap my side blades in gloss black (or wrap my side mirrors in satin black...). So I decided to pass on those from Porsche. Rest looks great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
interesting on the GTS badges for $30, do you have a link? Comparisons with the ones from the factory and how they are applied and how well they last?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
interesting on the GTS badges for $30, do you have a link? Comparisons with the ones from the factory and how they are applied and how well they last?
Put this key phrase in ebay search "Sideblade Side Body Decal Reflective Vinyl Sticker Kit for Porsche GTS Logo Red".

You'll find several in the $30 range. I cannot speak to the quality. I have not yet tried one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK, will check it out, I want to be careful putting something on a $100K car that looks cheap and won't last, and miss the opportunity to get the factory one with warranty.

OK, just checked - none say they work with the 2022 yet

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just to provide another data point. I picked up my ‘21 GTS a little over a week ago. It is Carmine red and I was going back and forth on the GTS interior package. At the end of the day, I actually ordered the premium package + extended black leather interior, then I added red deviated stitching.

Basically making my own special “GTS”interior package that takes into account of the premium package bundle (mostly because I wanted the ventilated seats). But the deviated stitching really makes the interior more interesting.

That sounds pretty amazing and expensive. Do you mind sharing some pics of your interior on what it turned out like?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That sounds pretty amazing and expensive. Do you mind sharing some pics of your interior on what it turned out like?
Sure thing! For reference here was my build code: The Porsche Code

Sorry for the nighttime photo. But basically same stitching as you would get in the GTS interior package, albeit in Guards Red since Carmine Red is not an option. But you can't tell the difference.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Steering wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
@JCZ5 that looks so good. The steering wheel stitching looks amazing too. I don't think that is standard in any other package or as a sep. option.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@JCZ5 that looks so good. The steering wheel stitching looks amazing too. I don't think that is standard in any other package or as a sep. option.
The deviated stitching is available in any of the “GTS interior package”. However, by selection the GTS interior package, you do not get ventilated seats or get the premium package plus discount. Therefore, you can choose the separate deviated stitching option to make it the same as what it would on the GTS interior package . Sorry, this might be very confusing. But I made it work based on my requirements.

However, in my ‘22 Macan order, I am ditching deviated stitching and going with the Bordeaux interior to change things up!

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
The deviated stitching is available in any of the “GTS interior package”. However, by selection the GTS interior package, you do not get ventilated seats or get the premium package plus discount. Therefore, you can choose the separate deviated stitching option to make it the same as what it would on the GTS interior package . Sorry, this might be very confusing. But I made it work based on my requirements.

However, in my ‘22 Macan order, I am ditching deviated stitching and going with the Bordeaux interior to change things up!

A few points

1) Guards id not carmine . It does match better than Bordeaux bit is not the identical and intended package.
2) You dint get the center dial in carmine , nor the GTS stich in headrests and rear portion of seat
3) You can get ventilated seats with the leather choice . The choice of race tex eliminates it but race tex is cooler than leather even with the vents . In his case he chose leather . I did say I was. fan of race tex Its a big reason for me in the package . I have two 911's . One has leather and the other with GTS package . I love the package so much I am blowing 9K to get it I my 911 GTS and that price had me cringing .
4) GTS gets stitch floor mats
From Porsche --

Includes in Black Leather:
  • Upper dashboard with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Lower dashboard including glove compartment cover
  • Center console side sections
  • Steering wheel airbag module
  • Upper section of door panels (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Door grab handles (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Inner and outer seat bolster (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Front and side sections of headrests (front and rear)
  • Front seat backrest surrounds
Includes in Black Race-Tex:
  • Seat centers (front and rear)
  • Door armrests (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Center console armrest with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
Additional Items in Carmine Red:
  • Central Tachometer
  • "GTS" logo embroidered on the headrests
  • Front and outer rear seat belts
  • Floor mat stitching
Note: Only in conjunction with standard GTS Sport Seats (8-way) or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package. Not available in conjunction with Ventilated Seats.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, I will clarify a few points below. Sure you don't get 100% of the GTS interior package, but for me you get enough (mostly the red deviated stitching) to make it the same in my mind. The awe of the interior package to me was the red deviated stitching. And to most people, that is the draw. if you wanted a Red tach, you can surely add it as an option. But the whole point for me to go through the deviated stitching as a standalone option route is:

1. Take advantage of the premium package plus discount since I wanted every one of those options​
2. To add ventilated seats and have the similar look to what the GTS interior package looked like (albeit leaving behind a few points you outlined below)​

A few points

1) Guards id not carmine . It does match better than Bordeaux bit is not the identical and intended package. - Yep, I did say it is not exactly the same as Carmine Red, but you can hardly tell when you're looking at it

2) You dint get the center dial in carmine , nor the GTS stich in headrests and rear portion of seat - LOL no big deal in my mind, I will stick with my deviated stitching on the seats

3) You can get ventilated seats with the leather choice . The choice of race tex eliminates it but race tex is cooler than leather even with the vents . In his case he chose leather . I did say I was. fan of race tex Its a big reason for me in the package . I have two 911's . One has leather and the other with GTS package . I love the package so much I am blowing 9K to get it I my 911 GTS and that price had me cringing . - Check again, you cannot get ventilated seats with the GTS interior package in leather...

4) GTS gets stitch floor mats - Again, useless in my mind
From Porsche --

Includes in Black Leather:
  • Upper dashboard with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Lower dashboard including glove compartment cover
  • Center console side sections
  • Steering wheel airbag module
  • Upper section of door panels (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Door grab handles (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Inner and outer seat bolster (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Front and side sections of headrests (front and rear)
  • Front seat backrest surrounds
Includes in Black Race-Tex:
  • Seat centers (front and rear)
  • Door armrests (front and rear) with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
  • Center console armrest with deviated stitching in Carmine Red
Additional Items in Carmine Red:
  • Central Tachometer
  • "GTS" logo embroidered on the headrests
  • Front and outer rear seat belts
  • Floor mat stitching
Note: Only in conjunction with standard GTS Sport Seats (8-way) or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package. Not available in conjunction with Ventilated Seats.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Steering wheel airbag module
Anyone know what they mean by this. Is the actual airbag cover leather? I would love for it to be not plastic because that is what you stare at the most but on the configuration there doesn't seem to be any visual difference that I can at least tell.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, I will clarify a few points below. Sure you don't get 100% of the GTS interior package, but for me you get enough (mostly the red deviated stitching) to make it the same in my mind. The awe of the interior package to me was the red deviated stitching. And to most people, that is the draw. if you wanted a Red tach, you can surely add it as an option. But the whole point for me to go through the deviated stitching as a standalone option route is:

1. Take advantage of the premium package plus discount since I wanted every one of those options​
2. To add ventilated seats and have the similar look to what the GTS interior package looked like (albeit leaving behind a few points you outlined below)​
...your deviated stitching is really gorgeous and special. I can appreciate your reasoning and build. It's very classy. I prefer the balance & vibrance that the GTS Interior Package offers, but the only thing that matters is how it makes you feel! Do enjoy...

·
Registered
186 Posts
...your deviated stitching is really gorgeous and special. I can appreciate your reasoning and build. It's very classy. I prefer the balance & vibrance that the GTS Interior Package offers, but the only thing that matters is how it makes you feel! Do enjoy...
Exactly! With the amount of customization from Porsche, everyone will be happy

21 - 40 of 45 Posts