Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered it way back in November, but finally got it on Tuesday. It was stuck at the dealer for a few weeks due to COVID-19, but the dealer finally arranged delivery.
Unfortunately after I ordered the S they announced the GTS. I tried to change my order for a GTS but it was already locked in :(

After a few days with it, I love it! Feels great, almost like a hot hatch! I have a lot of mods planned for it (I have never left a car stock ;) ). Already have a set of 20" wheels to go on, just waiting on getting them back from paint as I accidentally scratched one. It has the A/S PASM so I will be getting it lowered shortly after the wheels are on.

After a few days I do have some complaints though.
1) I stupidly didn't order the premium package, but added most of the options individually. I missed out on Bose, and the dimming mirrors. This is my fault because I'm dumb.
2) I forgot to add the black rear badge :(. I'll have to correct this later.
3) The cup holders are too close together. I had 2 cups and they touched and the lids were about to come off.
4) The cup holder position interferes with my arm.
5) The arm rest covers the cup holders when moved forward enough for me to use it.
6) The volume adjustment on the wheel changes volume too much. Is there a way to change the increment/sensitivity?
7) The base seats have no lumbar support. I went with the base seats because I like how the Alcantara looked and felt.
8) The PCM Widgets on carplay! I wish there was a way to get a full carplay screen instead. The widget options are useless with carplay. If you can't get rid of it, then why not offer some quick car settings. Like accessing the cameras, or chrono. The widgets are just useless if you're using Carplay and they take up valuable screen space.

Otherwise I love the car so far! The colour is absolutely amazing. Just yesterday I was grabbing some food and a guy got out of his car and complemented me on my colour choice, that was a first for me :D.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like that Miami Blue. It sounds like your complaints are you acknowledging some poor choices you made in ordering. Oh well.
Definitely some are my ordering mistake. The others are nitpicky things I can live with. I just wish I had more opportunities to drive the car right now :D

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I did a lot of research before I ordered my Macan. If there were only 2 things to learn they are:
1) I would NEVER order a Porsche without the Premium Package
2) I would NEVER order a Porsche with basic seats

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love that color! Don't feel bad, I almost made the same mistake with the premium package. Fortunately my service advisor caught it while going over the config. Let us know how the black rear badging goes. That option wasn't available yet when I ordered last summer.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
151 Posts
I spent months going over the seemingly endless option combinations and the value they really bring. Months. Placed my order for an S in December for a March build. Then the GTS was announced. I was able to cancel my S order. Then did the options thing all over again. Locked in February. It was less than 2 weeks away from production when Porsche shut down. Now I will wait more.
At least you have your S to enjoy. And I fully expect when I get my GTS I will regret some option choice I did or didn’t make. The nature of this beast. I will move on just like you will.
Enjoy your ride.

Reactions: oa5599

·
Registered
309 Posts
I ordered it way back in November, but finally got it on Tuesday. It was stuck at the dealer for a few weeks due to COVID-19, but the dealer finally arranged delivery.
Unfortunately after I ordered the S they announced the GTS. I tried to change my order for a GTS but it was already locked in :(

After a few days with it, I love it! Feels great, almost like a hot hatch! I have a lot of mods planned for it (I have never left a car stock ;) ). Already have a set of 20" wheels to go on, just waiting on getting them back from paint as I accidentally scratched one. It has the A/S PASM so I will be getting it lowered shortly after the wheels are on.

1) I stupidly didn't order the premium package, but added most of the options individually. I missed out on Bose, and the dimming mirrors. This is my fault because I'm dumb.
3) The cup holders are too close together. I had 2 cups and they touched and the lids were about to come off.
5) The arm rest covers the cup holders when moved forward enough for me to use it.
6) The volume adjustment on the wheel changes volume too much. Is there a way to change the increment/sensitivity?
7) The base seats have no lumbar support. I went with the base seats because I like how the Alcantara looked and felt.
8) The PCM Widgets on carplay! I wish there was a way to get a full carplay screen instead. The widget options are useless with carplay. If you can't get rid of it, then why not offer some quick car settings. Like accessing the cameras, or chrono. The widgets are just useless if you're using Carplay and they take up valuable screen space.

Otherwise I love the car so far! The colour is absolutely amazing. Just yesterday I was grabbing some food and a guy got out of his car and complemented me on my colour choice, that was a first for me :D.

View attachment 230597
Oh good for you - marvellous to see some vibrancy! No doubt, Miami Blue is a gorgeous colour. Haha I'm sure you're not dumb! Heck, you just took delivery of a new Porsche - a feat most unintelligent people wouldn't be able to accomplish! Congrats - enjoy in great health!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I spent months going over the options and still made basic mistakes like not ordering the smoking package to have a cleaner centre console. Also air suspension to reduce wheel gap if nothing else. The marketing photos always have an impossibly small wheel gap !

You live and learn. This won't be your last Macan. For me Macans will be my final cars for life ... unless I gain 150lb and need a Cayenne !

·
Registered
46 Posts

View attachment 230597
I almost have the same regrets as you with my 2 week old Macan S. I love the mamba green exterior and pebble grey interior.
1. Didn’t get the premium plus and missed out on 14 way mainly. I don’t miss the PDLS+ and ventilated seats. The 8 way base seats lack lumbar support. I will talk to the dealer to see if there are ways to lumbar support otherwise I will explore some support cushions. I somehow am not able to get over this and keep researching online to see if there are any way of retrofitting lumbar support.
2)The cup holders annoyed me as well. I couldn’t rest my arms while driving unless I pulled the arm rest all the way in and in that case the cup holders were closed. Over time I have forgotten this. Hopefully you will get over this.
3)No skip track button for Apple car play. No full screen CarPlay. However these things can be fixed by software updates in the future hopefully.
1D96E792-B041-419C-A37A-91B1E3F60DEB.jpeg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did a lot of research before I ordered my Macan. If there were only 2 things to learn they are:
1) I would NEVER order a Porsche without the Premium Package
2) I would NEVER order a Porsche with basic seats
Yeah originally I thought the premium package was overpriced and I didn't want any of the features. But after my build I realized I added the bib options individually! Oh well, I think the base audio sounds fine and I don't really miss the dimming mirrors, which make my eyes feel weird any ways.

The seats while uncomfortable, I think they look better. If only I could option the GTS seats!

Love that color! Don't feel bad, I almost made the same mistake with the premium package. Fortunately my service advisor caught it while going over the config. Let us know how the black rear badging goes. That option wasn't available yet when I ordered last summer.
I think I'm going to try Plasti-dip for the rear badge. I thought about ordering a black badge and swapping it, but I don't trust my self with making it perfectly straight. And plasti-dip is pretty error free. I'll post some pictures once I get around to it, probably when it warms up a bit.

I spent months going over the seemingly endless option combinations and the value they really bring. Months. Placed my order for an S in December for a March build. Then the GTS was announced. I was able to cancel my S order. Then did the options thing all over again. Locked in February. It was less than 2 weeks away from production when Porsche shut down. Now I will wait more.
At least you have your S to enjoy. And I fully expect when I get my GTS I will regret some option choice I did or didn’t make. The nature of this beast. I will move on just like you will.
Enjoy your ride.
I probably spent a couple of weeks. Mine was sort of an impulse buy lol. I didn't even consider the Macan as an option until very late into my vehicle search. I hope you get yours soon. I'm loving the S. While the GTS would have been great, I don't think I could wait any longer. I was already going crazy and visiting the closed dealer and seeing my macan from behind a fence! ?

Oh good for you - marvellous to see some vibrancy! No doubt, Miami Blue is a gorgeous colour. Haha I'm sure you're not dumb! Heck, you just took delivery of a new Porsche - a feat most unintelligent people wouldn't be able to accomplish! Congrats - enjoy in great health!
Yeah the colour is what made me even consider the Macan. Miami Blue has been my favourite Porsche colour, and when I saw it was offered in a Macan I went for a test drive to see how the car is.
Turns a lot of heads. Was checking my dashcam today and saw an older man passing by stop and just stare at the car :cool:

I spent months going over the options and still made basic mistakes like not ordering the smoking package to have a cleaner centre console. Also air suspension to reduce wheel gap if nothing else. The marketing photos always have an impossibly small wheel gap !

You live and learn. This won't be your last Macan. For me Macans will be my final cars for life ... unless I gain 150lb and need a Cayenne !
I didn't get the smoking package either. Mainly because I was thinking to swap the console out for a wireless charger that I've been seeing online.
I did add the air suspension though. On the S the low mode is barely noticeable. As soon as my new wheels are on the car I'm going to get the car programmed lower. Hopefully I can get it down 2" or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I almost have the same regrets as you with my 2 week old Macan S. I love the mamba green exterior and pebble grey interior.
1. Didn’t get the premium plus and missed out on 14 way mainly. I don’t miss the PDLS+ and ventilated seats. The 8 way base seats lack lumbar support. I will talk to the dealer to see if there are ways to lumbar support otherwise I will explore some support cushions. I somehow am not able to get over this and keep researching online to see if there are any way of retrofitting lumbar support.
2)The cup holders annoyed me as well. I couldn’t rest my arms while driving unless I pulled the arm rest all the way in and in that case the cup holders were closed. Over time I have forgotten this. Hopefully you will get over this.
3)No skip track button for Apple car play. No full screen CarPlay. However these things can be fixed by software updates in the future hopefully.
Love the Mamba green! I saw it in the showroom when I was first looking at the Macan.
Yeah the rest of the seats features for me were not that necessary. I don't need the ventilation, and I'm not a big fan of full leather any ways. But the lumbar would have been nice. I did drive the car about 500km already and by the end it wasn't too bad. I think I can live with these seats.

I'm hoping for a software update to fix these issues as well! Do you know if they have to be done by the dealer? I saw a software update section in the PCM, but I wonder if that will work when the time comes. Other VAG cars have to be taken to service to get updated.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
4 Posts
As far as the cup holders, I always have ended up with my 16oz Yeti in the driver door cup well. Doesn't rattle there either, FWIW.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whatever options you missed were more than made up for by your choice of color. You'll get used to whatever options you have or don't have in about a week :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely already forgotten about the options. Already moved onto mods :D.
Got new wheels, just sent them off to get powder coated since I accidentally scratched one. Ordered some new tips to do a muffler delete, ordered a wireless charger for the centre console, and sunglass holder :)

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts

View attachment 230597
I just love the color and your picture is one of the few that accurately show the true beauty of Miami Blue

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just love the color and your picture is one of the few that accurately show the true beauty of Miami Blue
Every picture I take the colour comes out different! Even in person, through out the day the colour changes based on lighting conditions. I love it, it’s like a different car every time I see it :D

What wireless charger are you getting for the center console?
I ordered this one
It’ll take a little while for me to receive it. I’ll post about it once I get it and install it. I haven’t been able to find any information on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts