Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be taking delivery of my Macan S in about a week.

There are a number of things I want to get done, mainly a film, a coating, and tint.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get this done in Ottawa? And also what to get? I've read other threads on this forum, sounds like Opticoat Pro is pretty popular, and Xpel.

Also any recommendations for the insurance packages the dealership offers?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Contact & About | Upper Class Detailing | Ottawa's #1 Car Detailing Atelier

PPF - Xpel Ultimate is highly ranked

ceramic paint coating - Cquartz Reserve is their top line (pretty expensive. You are looking at around $2250 range to do the whole car)

Tint - their suntek ceramic is pretty good in "TSER - Total Solar Energy Rejected". It is almost identical to the Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic series.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I should be taking delivery of my Macan S in about a week.

There are a number of things I want to get done, mainly a film, a coating, and tint.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get this done in Ottawa? And also what to get? I've read other threads on this forum, sounds like Opticoat Pro is pretty popular, and Xpel.

Also any recommendations for the insurance packages the dealership offers?

Welcome! I second bobblehead's recommendation - Upper Class Detailing (now in Kanata). I shopped around, checking out Goldwing Autocare in Nepean, and Waxed in Gatineau as well. I thought Vlad at Upper Class was the most professional and his work was great. I didn't go for any film at all, just CQuartz paint protection (basic, not deluxe) , cquartz on the winter wheels too, and also tint for the front windows (just 70% - still legal), and a tint strip 30% at the top of the windshield. I had him do that windshield strip in two pieces to make it look straight (or almost straight - not curved as much if done as one piece).

I didn't go for any of the insurances offered. Not good value imho.

I did go for the prepaid maintenance - 4 years. Not too bad a deal really, and I like knowing in advance what the cost is (no surprises).

I also went for the Porsche OEM winter wheels&tires package. Not much more expensive than the aftermarket options. And they store the off-season wheel sets for me there at the dealership (at pretty competitive rates).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I gave Vlad a call, he sounded really nice and I think his customer service would be good.

However I'm a bit concerned since he's only done partial hood and I want to do full, he's never stretched before, so I'm worried that it won't turn out well with his lack of experience there.

Also the dealership is offering SolarGard Clearshield Pro, price is competitive and apparently they hired someone that's very experienced, but I can't find a lot of info. on the product itself. I'll post in the appearance forum to get some feedback.

·
Registered
579 Posts
...partial hood and I want to do full, he's never stretched before, so I'm worried that it won't turn out well with his lack of experience there.
I'm pretty sure a saw a Red Macan GTS with the full hood done at Goldwing Autocare. you might want to check out Goldwing for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts