1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I thought it was the Levante when I looked at it.

And glad the OP mentioned the Urus.

There is one parks near me (the nerve) at the gym, white like my 911.

Now, I grew up drooling (as most babies), but drooling at the Countach. Had a poster of it, alongside Raquel Welch, on my wall. Always was a fan of Lambo.

Now, while I was excited at first about the Urus when it was announced, it just doesn't do that much for me.

This Ferrari SUV, while it will have its buyers, ehh.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well it sure looks beautiful and not as boxy in that rendering. Urus on the other hand follows every other car like Lexus etc...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I thought it was the Levante when I looked at it.

And glad the OP mentioned the Urus.

There is one parks near me (the nerve) at the gym, white like my 911.

Now, I grew up drooling (as most babies), but drooling at the Countach. Had a poster of it, alongside Raquel Welch, on my wall. Always was a fan of Lambo.

Now, while I was excited at first about the Urus when it was announced, it just doesn't do that much for me.

This Ferrari SUV, while it will have its buyers, ehh.

I agree... not too many here on my side of town in DFW, but I have seen a few in person. I still just don’t get them. Kudos to those that do (and can afford one!), but it’s just not in my appreciation wave-length.

Will be interested to see the Ferrari’s “lines” in person and see if they can pull it off. IMO, Porsche is the only company I know that has made a SUV LOOK sexy (as much as one can be anyhow). I have loved the look of Cayennes since day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Urus can raise up high enough for 9.8" ground clearance. (Macan = 9.1")
That + the 0-60 in 3.6 seconds is what interests me.
Obviously, the price is extreme.

It also looks very different vs. any other SUV.
https://www.motor1.com/news/302791/lamborghini-urus-off-road-package/

I don't know about the 21 inch rims for off road though. Not much rubber vs. Macan 19 inch rims like I have.

It may have true underbody protection vs. the fake skid plates like the Macan.

"The Urus equipped with the Off-Road Package is immediately distinguishable because of its specific exterior design, steel reinforcement on the bumpers and dedicated brushed steel tailpipes.
The specifically designed bumpers with stainless steel skid plates further enrich the Urus exterior design with a good-looking detail and extend the vehicle’s usability in off-road use owing to their improved robustness and higher approach and departure ramp angles."

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/urus-in-pills-active-lifestyle

I read another review saying how quiet the cabin was.

So, if you have the $$$$$ & want to go off road far from home, you can drive a performance vehicle FAST on the highway for hours & then go right onto dirt roads & some moderate, rocky off trail drives.

The tires may be the weak point though. Maybe just soft roading.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So for $300K+ and off the top of my head, how does it compare to my 2008 V8 4.2L Touareg (stock sans my mods of course)

1) Air suspension (I assume it does no idea of max clearance)?
2) Center and rear locking differentials?
3) Torque? 328ftlb on mine which is about half of what the massive V10 Touareg had at 650 ftlb
4) Full spare?
5) Opening rear hatch (essential for me anyway)
6) Towing capacity (7,700 lbs; 700 lbs. tongue weight)

Just wish I could fit a 7 speed DSG and dump the Tiptronic as it's way too slow when towing. Yep, keeping my V8 forever or as long as I can find electronic parts for it... and with the change left over I can go fishing for the next 50 years :)

siberian

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are many SUVs that have much better off road capabilities vs. Macan or even Urus.
But how many can do 0-60 close to what Macan Turbo or Urus can do & drive as sporty, on the pavement?

These SUVs are not for most people, especially given the price.

And the vast majority do not take them off road anyway.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agree, which is why by the end of lifespans, like the Touareg, they are emasculated versions of what they were when they first appeared as 99.9% of buyers never see any off road unless there's a bit of road construction on the way to the Mall.

As to 0-60 you have to actually find a bit of free road to even try that :)

Now a '71 Cuda 440 (or 383) manual around somewhere for a decent price... :)

siberian

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have plenty of open road :)

As long as I do not drive during rush hour.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My rush hour is if I have a car in front of me, but need to keep a keen eye out for moose, caribou and other wild species (like tourists during the short season we "welcome them" :) )

siberian

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sherp ATV

Now THIS is an OFF ROAD vehicle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
wwahl
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing